Saturday, 19 December 2009

Sketch Saturday #82: Silent Night Tilda


[pleae click on the image to enlarge it - opens new window]

Happy Saturday everyone!

Well, this is the last weekend before the big day - are you ready?  Have you bought all your presents, wrapped them, finished all your baking, decorated the house .... ? If you haven't, don't worry, as you still have 6 more days!  But today is our last challenge of 2009 at Sketch Saturday.  The SS DT girls are having a break next week, and so there will be no challenge on 26th December, but we'll see you again on 2nd January for our very first challenge of 2010, which will be a sketch by me *grin*!

This week we have another wonderful sketch by Jo, and we are being sponsored by Sandra Dry Digi Stamps.



I used the one and only Christmas Magnolia Tilda stamp that I own (...which was uninked until now!) called 'Silent Night Tilda'. I don't often like the cards that I make (I'm super critical of my own work), but I have to say that I love how this card has turned out.  It's just such a shame about the quality of the photo of this card - I really couldn't get the lighting right, the colours are nowhere near what they look like in real life (I don't know why Tilda's gloves and coat look 'peach'!!), and you can't see the gorgeous glittery paper and stickles accents at all, but I guess you get the idea!!

I'd like to enter this card into this week's Colour Create Challenge #34, which is to use the colours PINK, BURGUNDY and IVORY, with the optional extra of ROSES.
Make sure you hop on over to Sketch Saturday and have a gander at the girls' fab creations!

Have a great weekend, and I'll see you tomorrow with my Sunday Sketch & Stamp DT card!

Hugs,


Ingredients
to follow

11 comments:

  1. Stunning card hun, fabulous colours, and Tilda looks wonderful. You have every right to be proud, it's a work of art. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sem. Gorgeous colouring as always and I just love this image. When I went to purchase it those dreaded words SOLD OUT appeared. I agree with Squirrel you should be very proud of this one. With regard to you doing the next sketch and grinning I hope it didn't hurt to much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sem
    Gorgeous card as always, would just like to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. My children and myself are all well and looking forward to Christmas, i hope to be online in Jan2010 to catch up(can't afford before xmas)
    big hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card! I hope you're recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh very fabulous card and wonderful colours !!!
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, you are the winner of the My Cute Stamps "Merry Wishes" stamp set. Please contact me with your mailing information as soon as possible so that we can get these stamps into your inky little hands. Hope everything went well at the hospital.
    BTW, this is a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Tilda card. She is one of my favorites and the color scheme is so romantic for this winter card!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda and beautiful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is stunning, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Sem. I love the colours and the way you have made the wind look like it is actually swirling!

    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card and colour combo. I have that stamp too... unfortunately mine's still uninked and will probably stay like that until Christmas 2010! Bring on Spring crafting!!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x