Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Your Next Stamp Challenge #3

Click to enlarge image
It's Wednesday and time for a new challenge over at Your Next Stamp Challenges!

Challenge #3 is being hosted by me, and I am challenging you to make a Christmas card but without using the colours red and/or green!

Karen has released some really cute limited edition YNS Christmas digi stamps which are available to buy at the store by clicking here, and so all the DT Starlets used them on their challenge cards. I decided to use the digi stamp Decorated Christmas Tree for my card. I coloured it Barbie pink with my Copic Ciaos, added some blue half pearls and clear gems to the tree, a tiny spot of blue glitter to the star, and some Flowesoft Polar White around the base of the tree and presents to represent snow:

Click to enlarge image I used my CB snowflakes embossing folder to create the white embossed panel, and then gently rubbed across some versamark then brushed some pearlescent mica powder onto it to create this shimmery effect. (I also did this with the large white snowflakes):

Click to enlarge image I have to confess that I am a tiny bit obsessed with my brand new SU scallop punch, and so of course I had to use that on the card I used behind the white satin ribbon.

Click to enlarge image
Some pink pearls were added to the centre of the large snowflakes and to the LH side of the white ribbon, just to complete the over-embellished look, LOL!

Click to enlarge image
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Crafty Angels ... Week 8 Sketch : I have followed Kate's fab sketch, although I popped a bow where there should be a sentiment plate - hope that's okay?
2. One Stop Craft Challenge ... Challenge 53 Newspaper/Text : Sharon has chosen the theme of Newspaper / text print / script / writing, and my DP has Christmas text all over it!
3. Creative Card Crew ... Challenge 35 Ribbons & Gems : I have added gems to the tree (as baubles) and white satin ribbon to my card.
4. My Time To Craft ... Challenge 84 So Many Scallops : I have used my SU Scallop border punch and a Nestie scallop die!
5. Daring Cardmakers ... Getting Punchy With It : I have used my newest craft punches on this card - my 2 Woodware snowflake punches that I bought from The GlitterPot quite recently!

Thanks for taking the time to pop by and for any comments you may have - I LOVE reading them! :o)

Hugs, Sem x



Ingredients
to follow

21 comments:

  1. Good morning hunny, wow so many gorgeous creations since my last visit, each one truly gorgeous. Loving the manga girl below especially! have a good day hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful textures and awesome card as usual!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 challenges clever girl. As usual you have come up trumps. Love the gorgeous shades of pink and blue that you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful magical card Simonne. Your colours are perfect and your tree is decorated wonderfully.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is stunning, and I think the idea of nontraditional colors on Christmas cards is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card - I love everything about it. The image is wonderful and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Simone, a lovely card!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful colours - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the colours, thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh this is really sweet love it thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,

    I lov ethe colours you have chosen an dthe image is fantastic - must hop off and get some!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work, there really are so many scallops!
    Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pretty colours you have used, beautiful card as always, will pop over for a peek at these digi stamps, (much easier to hide don't you think!?) lol,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, lovely colours, thanks for taking part in the MTTC chalenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soooo PRETTY, Simonne! I love how you decorated and colored the tree, and your details are always so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is UBERLY cute! Love the gems you've added and the snow on the base of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sem, my lovely, this is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!! I love the colors and all the details.

    Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really cute! I love the gems and the colors are perfect! Love it! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card Sem!!! I couldn't resist colouring my tree pink too! lol
    Thanks for hosting our challenge this week!
    Big Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just precious! I love your pink tree! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Simone, the mica powder looks beautiful on the snowflakes.

    Great to see you at Creative Card Crew this week

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x