Thursday, 5 November 2009

Whimsy DT Reindeer




Happy Thursday everyone!

Today I'd like to share with you a card I've made with one of my brand new Whimsy Animal stamps that dropped through my letterbox a few days ago!  This cutie is called Whimsy Reindeer, and I used my Whisper pens to colour him.  I inked around the edges with my trusty Wheat Versamagic Dew Drop, added some Stickles to the snowflakes, and finally some Flowersoft Polar White on the ground for the snow (love this stuff!):



Sorry for the absolutely pants piccies.  It's a typical November day here - wet, cold and very dark.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Papertake Weekly ... Sketch #27 : I've followed Dawny P's fab sketch over at Papertake Weekly.

2. Stamp Something ... Cute and Fuzzy Somethings : Well Reindeer are cute and fuzzy ... sorta, LOL!

3. Basic Grey ... Week 7 Photo Inspiration : The colours in the photo are chocolate, cream and raspberry. I know there's not a lot of pink or red on this card, but the Reindeer's tongue is, so I hope this still counts? I've used paper from the BG Bittersweet 6x6 paper pad.

4. SophisiCat Challenge ... Week #9 Buttons and Ribbons : yep!


I'm really disappointed that I can't get a good piccie of this card :o(  The colours so go together, and it looks really yummy in real-life, I promise, LOL! If the sun ever shines this week, I'll take another photo and replace!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Reindeer
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Bittersweet' 6x6 paper pad

CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'French Roast'; SU Kraft
EMBELLISHMENTS: 9mm chocolate organza ribbon, Versamagic Wheat & Gingerbread, Icicle Stickles, Flowersoft Polar White, 3 brown buttons, SU twine
TOOTLS: Paper trimmer, scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, SU paper piercer and mat pack

18 comments:

  1. what a cute stamp....you made a wonderful card with it...and despite the darkness of November it gives a sunny smile on my face!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Simonne this card has really made me giggle this morning the expression on the Reindeer face is so funny :) lol
    Your colouring is also fab with Whispers I don't think i dare go there.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sem, and such a cute image, love how you have brought all the different elements together, it's brilliant. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem this really made me laugh he is absolutely gorgeous. I am still smiling. Wonderful colouring as usual. Another brilliant card. The face ache hasn't affected your mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb Card Sem, love the image, such fun, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week, good luck with your challenges. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. TEE!! Yes, I agree with you hun, reindeer are cute and fuzzy!! This one makes me smile!! :) I love it and your coloring is awesome!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Stamp Something! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cool!! Perfect for the grumpy men in our lives!! lol
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card sweetie. Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats this week!
    Hope to see you back again soon hun.

    Hugs
    lisa.xx
    DT & Admin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Simonne! Love all the browns and pretty paper. Great accents and beautiful coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card, love the browns, it is so pretty! this reindeer makes me smile everytime I see him, so cute! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Just love that image and the browns.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is fabulous Sem, so much fun and I love the browns! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card! That image really cracks me up! LOL! Love the papers you've used and the snow is a great touch.

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  14. great image he is so funny thanks for playing along at sophisticats this week hope to see you again soon love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a silly and darling card! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorjus card Sem, love that image. Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats and hope to see you again soon.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, such a fun image & I love the browns you've used, really rich.

    Thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x