Sunday, 29 November 2009

Whimsy DT: Crafty Angel Turtle


Hi everyone!

Today I'd like to share with you a Whimsy DT card I've just finished following Caz's scrummmy sketch over at Crafty Angels (but turned it 90 degrees to the left). I've used this adorable image called "Whimsy Turtle" - isn't his expression so cute!


Although I knew I wanted to use my Basic Grey Marrakech 6x6 paper pad, I spent ages choosing exactly which papers to use, LOL!  I also spent ages tying the fiddly twine through the small buttons that I added to the centre of my flowers:



Finally, I decided to stamp one of the wonderful Whimsy Circle Postmark stamps straight onto the DP using my Jumbo Java Versamagic Dew Drop:



I'm really pleased with how this card came out, as I love the rich colours of the Marrakech pad.




I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Crafty Angels ... Week 11 Caz's sketch : I've followed Caz's sketch which worked perfectly for this image - thanks hun!

2. Allsorts Challenge Blog ... Week 29 Buttons : I've added buttons to the middle of my flowers.

Thanks for popping by and for any comments you may have!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Turtle and Whimsy Circle Postmarks
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers brush markers
PAPER: Basic Grey 6x6 Marrakech paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'French Roast' (CC040)
EMBELLSHMENTS: Buttons, SU Linen thread, Prima flowers, Half-back pearls, 9mm brown organza ribbon, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Jumbo Java' (GD-52)
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Cuttlebug, Small Oval Nestabilities dies

14 comments:

  1. Yes he is adorable. The whimsey animals are a delight. Another exquisite card. I love the way you have used the buttons for the flower centres.Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, this image is so cute, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh, what a sweet card, I love it
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I love your turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sem, gorgeous card as always, I just love this cute turtle and the colours are fab. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem

    A gorgeous card.

    I love all the "earth tones" and your super cute image.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sem
    Another gorgeous card - love the colours you have used.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsort sthis week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and great image
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card as always, love your colouring, just perfect!! Those papers are gorgeous!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sem again, I have left you something on my blog. hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sem, Gorgeous card! I love the colours.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ow wow Sem this card is adorable!!! Never saw this cute stamp before but I Love it!

    hugs,

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Simonne! Love the earth tone combo and the punch of color in your pretty papers. Beautiful coloring on the image too, great details and accents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card is absolutely adorable and i looooove turtles....your work is stunning

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x