Sunday, 22 November 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 16: Squiggle Fairy



It's such a miserable day here in the South West - dark, very wet and cold, urgh! - but it's not all doom and gloom as it's Sunday and time for a new sketch at Sunday Sketch & Stamp ... set by me!!  Our sponsor this fortnight is the fabulous Crafts4Eternity, and you could win a set of brand new Christmas Cupcakes digi stamps if you take part.



Michele from Crafts4Eternity very generously gave all the SS&S girls the digi stamps to play with for this challenge, but it's just typical that our bloomin' PC just will not recognise our printer anymore!!  We have Vista SP2, and it's just been one problem after another!  I've tried re-installing the printer twice now, but no, it's not having any of it!  So ... unfortunately I couldn't use the digi stamps, so I opted for this adorable Squiggle Stamps 'Fairy Gifts' instead!



Don't look too hard at the colouring - it's much better IRL, I promise, LOL!  Because it's so dark here, I've had to use my naff photo-editing software (free HP Photosmart!) and it has made her look rather red in the face, and her wings glow neon pink!  I decided to make another easel card, as the paper pad that I chose the DP from also had a fab piece of paper that worked so well for the 'prop' of the easel!



To all my fellow Copic Ciao users, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this .... my E00 Copic Ciao decided to die on me halfway through colouring this cutie's face! I have to say that I wasn't impresed at all - I've only had my 36A set of Copics since the end of June (so barely 5 months), and none of the other colours have died! In fact, I've just counted the number of 'faces' I've coloured with it, and it's only 20!!! (As you all know, I use my Whisper Pens too). I don't think that's acceptable at all! So if anyone has any thoughts, I'd be so glad to hear them...

Thanks for popping by everyone.  I've now had a letter from the emergency dental place to have my tooth extracted under general anesthetic (yay!), so I hope that I will be able to make an appointment for this week when I telephone them tomorrow ... fingers crossed!  As the saying goes ... "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth teeth fixed!" LOL!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMPS: Squiggle Stamps Fairy Gifts and Magnolia Swirl stamp
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (E00 E21 R20, BG15 BG23 G00, RV04 RV23 RV10, YG03 YG11, Y17 Y06 Y02)
PAPER: We R Memory Keeprs 6x6 Tiffany's paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'Agean' (OS020) and 'Nightfall'
EMBELLISHMENTS: Versamagic 'Tea Leaves', 4mm half-back pearls, pink ribbon from stash, Liquid Pearls
TOOLS: Paper Trimmers, Scissoris, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, SU Scallop border punch, Small daisy x-cut punch,

14 comments:

  1. I think she's adorable!

    Hope you're able to get the tooth taken care of ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, beautiful colours
    I love the easel cards to
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sem, I love this card, she is so cute. And by the way, I have only had my Copics since June and am on my 3rd C1 and second E00 but these pens are all that I use because I love them! I am hoping that now I have completed my set of Ciaos that they will last longer!! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card hun!!! I am sooo tempted with that little cutie too, she keeps shouting on me to buy her every time I go to work LOL

    As a Copic retailer I would say there is something wrong with your pen hun as you should have had more than 20 faces out of it for sure!! even if your paper are megga absorbant they should last much longer, I only got 6 months out of mine but I colour at least 10 images a day.
    How do you store them? this makes a difference to mine I find, I house mine the the plastic storage cases the sets come in :)

    Hope this helps,

    love Ger x
    cullen crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the papers they are gorgeous!! Sweet image, your colouring looks fab as always!!

    Hope you get your appointment soon, have to say I would be terrified!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem. Fab card! I love the colours in your image and paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the sketch and dp x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh... love the colors and papers you used here, they are perfect with that cute image! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Simonne! Adorable image and DP. Hope your tooth will be all better soon : )

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is darling! I'm sorry about your pen. I would guess that at some point before you got it, the cap was off. I would maybe email or call the place you got it at. I hope your tooth gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, sweet fairy and love the sketch.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fab card Sem, I love the colours and the design. I have been reading your comments above with interest.... I have just got set A of the 72 ciaos and I was wondering how long my E00 and C1 would last as I seem to use them an awful lot.... they wont last too long by the sounds of it!!

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - very pretty :) Hope you get your appointment and can start to feel better soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! love the gorgeous bright colours and the fab cute image! love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x