Saturday, 28 November 2009

Sketch Saturday #79: Miss Anya Autumn


Happy Saturday everyone!

First I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all my wonderful crafty friends who have sent me get well wishes and wonderful caring comments.  You are the best! :o)

Today at Sketch Saturday, we have another one of Jo's fab sketches, and as it's the last Saturday of the month, our sponsor is The Craft Barn.



As you can probably see, I rotated the sketch 90 degress to the left to fit the image I wanted to use - this gorgeous new Miss Anya Autumn digi stamp (only available as a digi stamp direct from The Greeting Farm).  In fact, The Greeting Farm have some fab new Season Fairies digi stamps, so I may just have to have a couple of those too, LOL! 

I love my Miss Anyas, and am proud to say that I own every single one of them!  But don't look too closely at the colouring of her face, as I'm SO embarrassed ... it's blotchy!!  My newly ordered E00 Copic Ciao hadn't arrived when I coloured this, and so I had to literally eek out what little ink there was left in my original one!  It has well and truly died now, so it's been chucked in the bin!

I did contact the online retailer from whom I bought my Copic Ciaos 36A set, and unfortunately they were very rude to me.  I didn't ask them to replace the pen, but merely asked their advice, and they took the defensive line straightaway.  Suffice to say I won't be ordering from them again!  I don't care what they say, I don't expect a Copic Ciao to last to colour only 20 small stamped faces ... and I don't leave the caps off, I store them in the case they arrived in (brush nib down), and don't over-colour.  Okay, rant over, LOL!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Anyone for Anya? ... Make a Fake : They want to see anything fake (or 'faux'), so I've got fake pearls and fake gems on my card, and if you stretch your imagination a little, you could even say I've created some fake lace with my MS border punch (...well ... almost, LOL!)

2. Creative Card Crew ... Challenge #38 Favourite Things : As I've said, my TGF Miss Anya stamps are my favourite stamps, and of course my half-back pearls (which seem to find their way onto almost every card!).


Hope you all have a great weekend (and that Mr Blogger plays nice and posts this scheduled post!!), and be sure to pop on over to Sketch Saturday to feast your eyes on the rest of DT's delights!

TFL! Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
IMAGE STAMP: The Greeting Farm 'Miss Anya Autumn' digi stamp
SENTIMENT STAMP: Whiff of Joy
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (36A & 36B)
PAPER: Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck 6x6 pad 'Nutmeg'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'French Roast' and 'Aegean'
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pearls, Gems, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Tea Leaves'
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Martha Stewart 'Simple Scallop' Border punch, Woodware Corner Rounder punch,

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sem. I adore these new Miss Anya's and you've used such lovely colours for her!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simonne, your card is stunning and i didnt notice the face until you pointed it out hun, i wouldnt worry: ) its still beautiful.
    Ive heard that the copics dont last taht long, but thats just ridiculous honey.
    i hope you can get hold of a new copic soon
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card as usual Sem. She is lovely even if she has an attitude problem, hands on hips, must be a teenager. Beautiful sentiment also. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I love this card!!!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Simmone, love this gorgeous image. Have a lovely weekend
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that patterned paper and the colors you've chosen for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling card! I just love this Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful autumn colours to go with this image, great card!

    Love from AFA!

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  9. just gorgeous!! Love the image and the fab autumn clours, and I love the scalloped detail! stunning card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x