Saturday, 21 November 2009

Sketch Saturday #78: Jolly Puppy Kisses


It's Saturday, so time for a brand new sketch at Sketch Saturday!  Sketch #78 is sponsored by Quixotic Paperie, and if you take part, you could win the beautiful 'Fashionista' stamp by Elisabeth Bell.

I really wanted to use one of my Crissy Armstrong Whimsy Stamps, so I turned Jo's fab sketch 90 degrees to the left.


I took an absolute AGE to colour this fabulous 'Jolly Puppy Kisses' image from the Whimsy Stamps Crissy Armstrong Holiday collection, but I have to say that I am so pleased with the result!  I'm just bummed that it's dark, cold and wet here (typical November day), so I can't get a good piccie!

I've also used one of the fab Whimsy Holiday Postmark Sentiments, designed by Whimsy's very own Ann Vento!  Ann has designed 2 sets of Postmark Sentiments for Whimsy, and they are by far my most favourite sentiment stamps!

Once I'd coloured Santa, I hunted for some suitable papers, and as I only own the Imaginisce Christmas papers and the MME Colourful Christmas papers (I had to buy the whole set of papers after I made my last Whimsy Christmas card with the only piece I owned of that range!!), and so as the MME paper is accented with pink rather than red, I went with the Imaginisce.  I don't mind admitting that I spent about 40 minutes to-ing and fro-ing between which papers to use, but settled on this, accented with Core'dinations card, which is appropriately called 'Poinsettia'!


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Allsorts Challenge ... Week #28 : To take inspiration from a Christmas Carol or a Song Title, so I have chosen one of my fave Christmas songs: "Santa Claus is coming to town".
2. One Stop Craft Challenge ... Challenge #56 Snowflakes : I have used my Woodware snowflake punches with some gorgeous glitter card!
3. Colour Create ... Challenge #32 'Green, Red and White' : I definitely have lots of green, red and white (...with a little smattering of blue too!)
4. Simon Says Challenge ... Animal Antics : They want you to include an animal somewhere on your creation.
5. Creative Inspirations ... Challenge #36 Sparkle : My DP and snowflakes have glitter!

Make sure you hop on over to Sketch Saturday, and take a peek at all the DT's wonderful creations - there's so much to inspire you!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs, Sem x

28 comments:

  1. Another brilliant card. These Whimsy images are fab. The colouring is fantastic as always, you get the shading perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super card.
    love it very much
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sem, this is gorgeous, I love this image it's so cute. Thanks for stopping by at my blog it's much appreciated. Hus Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Sem, brilliant papers and i love the cute image. Amazing colouring as always.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring! Your card is FABULOUS! Very cute image and so wonderfully done! Thanks for joining Colour Create this week, we are just so glad you did! Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! You rocked that sketch and your coloring is awesome! Love everything about it hun, wonderful job! Hope you're having a nice weekend. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sem, Fabulous card sweetie.... Love the coloring.......... Thanks for joining us at Colour Create. hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sem.... I SO love this card!! really striking, and how cute is that Santa???
    awesome!!!
    Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful snowflake and Santa card! Your colors are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW.. this is just BEAUTIFUL.. I LOVE that image and your coloring is AMAZING.. GREAT JOB :) HUGS

    I am having a DT call right now.. I love your style and hope you will tryout..
    ~I hope you can stop by my blog.. I have Free Digital Stamps I add a new one to the bunch every Wed. there is Blog Candy too (top sidebar)
    hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card. And your Santa is gorgeous, and your colouring is great
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is awesome Simonne! What a awesome interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Simonne! Love this cute image and your coloring is amazing!
    Hugs Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow hun your card is fabulous, I love this jolly santa and your colouring is amazing...gorgeous, I love it. Hope your having a lovely weekend
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow this is fantastic! I love the image, very cute!!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sem,

    This is fab. Your colouring is great, and that image is such fun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous colouring, a fab card

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic card and I just love the papers you have used for it, so bright and colourful. What a fantastic image too, looks so fun to colour.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge and Colour Create this week.

    Hope you are OK ? Take care of yourself and have a lovely Sunday !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Sem & I love that cute image :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fab card I just love it. Perfect for all the challenges you have used it for. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week
    Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, love that Santa.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! Thanks for joining in atCreative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card - love the image and your colouring is fantastic.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cute card, great colours too.
    i love it !!! very gorgeous !!
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness!! This is just the sweet card ever!! Love how you colored this adorable Whimsy image!! Such a fabulous job sweetie!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sem

    This is just fantastic.

    So neat and well made and your colouring is perfect.

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sem

    Fantastic colouring on your image and I love the dp you have used

    thanks for playing at Alsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. A gorgeous card Sem and such a great Santa stamp! Love your colouring and the wonderful festive papers. Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x