Saturday, 14 November 2009

Sketch Saturday #77: Sweet November 'Buttercup Reedweb'



It's Saturday again (yay!) and time for a brand new sketch over at Sketch Saturday!  As it's the 2nd Saturday of the month, this challenge is being sponsored by one of our regular sponsors - Simon Says Stamp!



I'm going to keep this post short, as I am still in a huge amount of dental pain.  I went to have my lower right 2nd molar extracted on Tuesday, but after a lot of pulling and tugging, the dentist decided not to extract it for fear of damaging my jaw (my jaw is a bit odd coz I can't open my mouth fully without my lower jaw moving weirdly and the hinges clicking loudly, and the pressure she was having to apply to wiggle the tooth free made it feel like she was going to break my jaw!). So she has referred me to have it extracted under general anaesthetic (hopefully in a couple of weeks!).  Unfortunately I now have all the pain of an extraction, but the tooth still remains, which makes it almost impossible to bite! On the upside, I've had to stop biting my nails, plus it's given my long overdue diet a kickstart, as all I've been scoffing is Heniz tomato soup!

Anyway, onto my card...  I was lucky enough to win one of Amy Young's mini candy draws a few weeks back, which was one of her brand new Sweet November stamps, plus a card making kit she put together.  So I tip my hat to Amy for this card - thanks hun!



This stamp is called 'Buttercup Reedweb' and is one of 4 in the 'Sweet November' range of stamps designed by Amy for C C Designs.  You can buy them as digi stamps from All That Scraps right now by clicking here, or if you prefer rubber then All That Scraps stocks them here, or Elaine at Quixotic Paperie has them in stock here for us Brits!



Obviously, I had to glitter up her wings!  I used my scallop circle nesties to cut out the circle of kraft card and then ran it back through the CB in an embossing folder, finally inking the embossed parts with one of my trusty Versamagic Dew Drops.



[If you want to view any of my piccies in better detail, just click them to enlarge them!]

Okay, well that's it from me (sorry, this post wasn't that short after all, LOL).  Make sure you hop on over to Sketch Saturday and take a wee looksie at all the DT's scrummy work - you won't be disappointed!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: C C Designs - Sweet November 'Buttercup Reedweb' (designed by Amy Young)
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers Pens, Copic Ciao E00
PAPER: From Amy
CARD: SU 12x12 kraft card
EMBELLISHMENTS: Versamagic 'Hint of Pesto' (inked around the edges of the DP and embossing scalloped circle); buttons, flowers, pearls and ribbon from Amy; SU Linen thread; Green glitter glue; Prima Sweet n Sassy flowers (in her hair)
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Cuttlebug, Nesties Scallop Circles, CB Embossing Folder

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Sem!! Just love the colourway and that image is beautiful. Love it all!x :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card :) That paper is beautiful...is it SEI? Hope you are feeling better - have a nice weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card. love the colours, sweet image
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous as always. Gorgeous image and you have cut her our perfectly. Those legs are so thin I would have managed to chop one off. Magnificent choice of colours and lovely backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another winner sem,

    See your going to be a DT member down will be sad to see Mandy go bless.

    Love you hun, Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sem, this is awesome! I just love how you did the 3D effect, and those legs, HOW did you manage that? Beautiful work as always.
    Hugs
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poor you Simonne hun!! How awful for you :(
    I do hope you feel better soon ;)
    Great card.
    hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Sem, so glad to see you enjoying the stamp & kit!
    Your Buttercup is gorgeous and I love the addition of flowers in her hair, very clever!
    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL! And the fairy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sem, love the colours and pretty image!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous!! such a fab fairy!! she is so funky!! and I love the gorgeous embossed detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Sem love the colours and how you used the sketch fabby!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was it ever a sweet card for the sketch. It's so cute and Simonne, your colorings are always so awesome! I am sure I said that to you before :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card hunni! fabulous colouring skills too,
    I'm sorry you are still in so much pain, I shall keep my fingers crossed that your appointment comes real quickly.
    In the meantime...(((HUGS FOR YOU)))
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x