Friday, 20 November 2009

Allsorts of Squiggle Papertake!



Morning everyone!

Today I'd like to show you a Squiggle Stamps DT card I've made following Dawny P's scrummy Sketch #28 over at the Papertake Weekly Challenge blog.  I'm really into my 'symmetrical' sketches at the moment - don't know why! - so this one suited me down to the ground!

The stamp I've used is by Squiggle Stamps and is called 'Oscar with Plane'.  I was so pleased with how the colouring of Oscar's hair turned out, but unfortunately the piccies don't show its true colour well (he's not as 'red-haired' in real-life, LOL!).  And of course I had to sneak in my fave technique - paper piecing his dungarees:



 

 

I'd like to enter this card into the following 2 challenges:

1. Papertake Weekly Challenge ... Sketch #28 : I've followed Dawny P's great sketch!

2. Allsorts Challenge ... Week #27 : They want to see something made for a child, and this card certainly fits the bill for a young boy!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Squiggle Stamps 'Oscar with Plane'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: K&Co 6x6 'Hopscotch' pad (626560)
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore - Tranquil Blue (SB010) and Meadow (GG030)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Versamagic Dew Drops 'Hint of Pesto' and 'Sea Breeze'; Card Candy (coloured with Copic G17); Green ribbon from stash
TOOLS: Paper Trimmers, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Cuttlebug, Nesties Labels 1 (S4-161)

12 comments:

  1. Wow hun, what a cutie! Gorgeous image and you have used the sketch to perfection. Your paper piecing is so brilliant and I adore little fella's red hair! Great card hun. Hugs, Squirrelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! Love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sem, love the paper piecing and beautiful papers
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring and I like it's nice & clean layout! Fun image to play with!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fab, love the paper piecing brings the card together.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Sem, i love the image and paper piercing. Gorgeous colouring.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Sem
    Love this card - especially the colour choice and the image and the layout - everything about it lol!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sem, Great card! I love his paper pieced outfit.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's adorable! Gorgeous use of colors/patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORABLE!!! Love the colors and the papers and that image is just too precious! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sem, what a gorgeous, cute card, lovely image and colours are fab. hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly with this lovely card!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia
    (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x