Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Midnight Madness with Bubbly Fun Fhiona

Hi everyone!

First a big apology from me for not getting around to all your lovely blogs and leaving comments. 

I know there are bigger things that are going on in the world, but for me in my little world, I am really upset about my teeth at the moment.  If you remember, I had a failed extraction 2 weeks ago of an infected molar.  Anyway, I was told by my dentist that I would have to have it out under general to protect my dodgy jaw, and that she would refer me to a private clinic who also took emergency NHS dental patients.  Well, I have now been contacted by them and they can't see me until 18th December, plus they said they will only sedate me!  I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 3-4 weeks!  I've already been in pain for 3 weeks with this tooth, and I'm on my 3rd course of antibiotics (which surely can't be good for me?).  I'm feeling so down about everything, and just so upset at the moment.  To top it all off, the tooth that I had the root canal for 5 weeks ago is now starting to ache, so I'm sure there's an infection in that!  Unfortunately, my dentist can't finish off that treatment until the other tooth is extracted, as the are only separated by one other tooth.  I find that if I talk for any longer than 5 minutes, the pain increases. 

So please bear with me as I work through this.  Although I want to craft, I'm finding that my mojo has gone on its Christmas holiday a little earlier, which is depressing me further, LOL!  I hope that you'll forgive me for not visiting and commenting quite so often, and I promise I'll make up for it when all this is over.

But I do have this card to share with you today.  Your Next Stamp is sponsoring the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #29 this week, and so I have made a card following their sketch and using my Your Next Stamp Bubbly Fun Fhiona.  The card kind of evolved from the sketch when I was making it, as I was going to use the bubble stamp that comes with the set in the top and bottom corners (so there would be four stamps down each side column), but I then used pearls instead, which was still following the sketch until I popped a couple between the duck and champagne glass:







I have added Stickles to the 2 champagne glasses, the stars on the bathtub, plus the stars on Fhiona's headband, although it was really hard to capture the sparkle!

TFL!
Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp 'Bubbly Fun Fhiona'
COLORING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (36A & 36B sets)
PAPER: Making Memories 6x6 paper pads: 'Funky Vintage - Lizzie Collection' (Scallope Stripe) and 'Boho Chic - Lauren' (Boxflower)
CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'French Roast'
EMBELLISHMENTS: 5mm and 4mm white half-back pearls, Brown satin ribbon from stash, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Pink Petunia', Stickles
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Border Punch

19 comments:

  1. Hello Sem, I am so sorry to hear of your drama with your teeth - how horrible for you! I hope you get some relief soon. I am glad that you were able to play the MMSC this week - it seems that for someone with little or no MOJO, you are able to create something so beautiful! Your card is gorgeous and those bubbles - totally adorable! Such a lovely take on the sketch Sem!! I love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we would love to see you again next week!
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally sympathize with you about your teeth. It is a big deal, and I hpe you are feeling better soon. Your card is adorable. I love the bubbles, and I wish I were her relaxing in that bath. Beautiful job. Thank you for playing with us at the MMSC this week.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing!! :( I think you are so brave, I know would be quaking knowing what is needded to be done!! I really hope they can fit you in before then!!?
    Your card is beautiful as always, the pearls are a great touch!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dec 18th!!! That's so sad! Tell them I said they need to take the tooth out today! lol I really do hope they call you in sooner!
    Your Bubbly Fun Fhiona card is awesome!!! Love the colours and the pearls and how you used the duck and champane glass! CUTE!
    Big hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My, Poor POOR POOR YOU! no wonder your a bit down I am only sorry I can;t make it better, such a long time to be in pain with your teeth it is a very BIG deal.

    Love and huggs hunny beautiful card as well dipite your condition

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my !! This sounds grim and I understand how it is getting you down so much! Pain of any sort that doesn't go away just drains you. go away and rest for a few weeks and it will all be over with by Christmas!! I love your card the depth and dimension is fab along with the beautiful colouring! Take care, hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sem, A BIG WARM WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We are so happy that you have found us and decided to play along. We hope we will be seeing you regularly in our weekly challenge. So sorry about your dental problem. You are so brave to be able to concentrate and make such an awesome card while you are in pain. This is just the cutest little image and I love your bubbles. Wonderful card. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sem, Sorry that the tooth saga is still on going. I expect it has dragged you right down and no relief on the horizon. Another brilliant card specially as your mojo has gone walk about. The colours are gorgeous and the pearls are just perfect. Take care. Love and hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. NOW HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!! This is you without your mojo?????? There's no hope for me then!

    Seriously - hope you get your tooth sorted - have you thought about ringing your local PCT to complain about the situation? They have to make sure that there is adequate provision of dental health in their area so it might be worth pushing them a little!

    BTW - if you find your mojo, could you just check if it knows where mine is? Its been missing for over 3 weeks now and I'm beginning to get a little concerned!

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges. So happy you found us. WOW this is a gorgeous card. I love how you used the pearls for bubbles....that is so unique and inspiring. Just stunning. Sorry to hear about your dental problems....I will say a prayer for you that you will get it settled soon. Blessings.

    Carol
    MMSC-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, so bright and cheerful. Sorry to hear about your tooth saga, toothache's definitely no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous!! Love how you have used pearls for the bubbles!!

    P.S Thanks for all your advice on copic's! Its much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww, Sem, I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having with your teeth, I know first hand about tooth pains, oh it's aweful! But your card hun, it's GORGEOUS! Hang in there, take time to relax, maybe YOU could get a nice bubble bath and try to wash away some toothpain. It can't hurt to try, right?
    Big Hugs
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty and relax card. Love your coloring as usual. Very cute and cheerful!
    Ouch, Simonne, I feel bad for you about the teeth problem. My hubby is having a similar problem too. He got a temporary crown 4 days ago for one of his teeth, but got chipped the very first day. Now that his tooth is pretty painful and will be seeing the dentist tomorrow (finally)....yikes.
    I hope you will get better and do more cards if it'll help you ease the pain :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Sem, A Big Welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch! I hope after a week your teeth will be feeling better. I'm glad to see you were able to play with us this week and make such a pretty card! Wonderful interpretation of the sketch. The little Fhiona is so lovely with the bubbly pearls and lovely colors! Xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, fab cute image and love all the pearls.
    Oh poor you there's nothing was then nagging pain, hope those weeks come around quick.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely adorable! I love the pearls for bubbles! Just adorable!!! So glad you could play this week at MMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hun - so sorry to hear about the problem with your teeth. I hope they can fit you in to have it removed sooner, will keep my fingers crossed.

    On the upside, your card is absolutely gorgeous - I love the way that you have added the pearls as the bubbles.

    Hope you get better soon.
    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Sem, Welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Sorry to hear of all your problems with your teeth, it must be making you really miserable! I hope you are able to get it all sorted soon so that you can enjoy the Christmas celebrations without pain!
    Your card is just beautiful. Your coloring is perfect and I love all the little details! Well done!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x