Monday, 16 November 2009

GDT SophistiCat Challenge: Squiggle Oscar



NB This is a scheduled post, as my teeth/mouth are still driving me crazy, so I hope Mr Blogger plays nice!

Happy Monday everyone!  It's a happy Monday for me, because today I get to be a Guest Designer for Challenge #11 over at the SophistiCat Challenge Blog.  The lovely Lisa asked me to set the challenge, so I whipped up the following sketch (in SophistiCat's colours, of course!):



I chose to use this adorable Oscar on a sledge (soon-to-be-released) image from Squiggle Stamps.  I coloured him using Copics and glittered up the pom-pom on his hat with Stickles:



When I received the stamped images of these soon-to-be-released Squiggle Stamps, I knew instantly that my neglected Imaginisce papers would be perfect for this cutie, using Oscar's hat for inspiration for the 'hat' paper, and the shape of Oscar's sledge mirroring the Candy Cane paper!





I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Creative Inspirations ... Challenge #35 New or Neglected : My image is brand new, and my papers are new and neglected, as I bought them a month ago and they haven't been used yet!

2. Cute Card Thursday ... Challenge #86 Glitter me Silly : To use glitter (I've used stickles on the pom-pom of Oscar's bobble hat!).

3. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge ... Challenge #58 Four Seasons : Well, winter always means 'Christmas' to me, LOL!

Well, that's it from me for another day (...that's if Mr Blogger has played nice and posted this scheduled post!).  Hope you like my card and hope to see you at the SophstiCat's challenge this week!

Have a great day!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Squiggle Stamps
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: Imaginisce
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore
EMBELLISHMENTS: Stickles, Buttons, SU Linen Thread, Versamagic Dew Drop
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, MS Lattice Arch border punch

16 comments:

  1. What an adorable card, Simonne!!! Really cute! Love it!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sem I loved playing with your sketch and I hope we have lots of entries this week, yours was something to beat, great having you on board this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sem, little Oscar is adorable isn't he? the papers are a perfect compliment too
    *claps*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Semsee, Loveoly colours and he is such a cutie. Will play with your sketch later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute card....have the papers too....you gave me an idea!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this ADORABLE! The stamp is super cute and I love the background paper and how it works with the stamp. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sem this is just so cute, i love it. Your colouring is perfect.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Simonne! Love the papers and that sweet image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! I love the clean, simple lines of the image, and you've coordinated the colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Sem. I love the iamge and the papers.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sem, this is gorgeous and such a cute image. hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just precious! I hope your mouth feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sem...
    Hope you are feeling a bit better now?
    This card is absolutely adorable... just perfect!!
    Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card and coloured to perfection.
    Hugs Sonia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x