Saturday, 3 October 2009

Your Next Stamp: World Card Making Day!

Click to enlarge image
Today is World Card Making Day, so the YNS Starlets have each made a card to celebrate! And guess what? Our super-generous boss, Karen, will be giving away a prize to one lucky randomly-drawn winner on EACH one of the Starlets blogs!! Woo-hoo! Wanna know what the prize is? Some very, very cute YNS Halloween Digi Stamps! That's right - instant gratification! BUT...to be included in the draw you have to answer this easy-peasy question...

What is your favourite Your Next Stamp stamp?

Hop on over the the store by clicking here, and then hop back to me and leave a comment below telling me what you think of my card together with the name of your favourite YNS stamp, and you'll be entered into my draw! Why don't you hop around all the Starlets blogs and check out their cards, as then you'll enter multiple times! The links are in my sidebar --->

For my card, I used YNS Happy Days Mermaid stamp set for the mermaid, and the YNS Just Swimming By Mermaid stamp set for the shell and sentiment. I used my Copic Ciaos to colour her, and then added sparkly accents with glitter glue:

Click to enlarge image
The bubbly background was made by running a circular piece of white card through the Cuttlebug, using the CB 'Tiny Bubbles' embossing folder, and then rubbing some Versamagic 'Sea Breeze' chalk ink over the raised bubbles. I also popped on 4 co-ordinating pearls for dimension.

Click to enlarge image
I coloured in, glittered up and added a pearl to this cute shell stamp, then popped it up onto 3D foam pads:

Click to enlarge image
I cut a strip of the DP with just the green 'waves', turned it so the waves were vertical and looked like seaweed (well, that was the idea, anyway, LOL!), stuck it onto some purple card, punched out a border with some green card and popped this behind, and then added some sheer purple organza ribbon over the top:

Click to enlarge image
Unfortunately, this card is no longer in my possession! I feel a bit sad, because I really loved how this turned out! Our daughter has private swimming lessons with a friend of the family on a Friday after school, and as soon as she saw this, she really wanted to give it to her swimming 'teacher'. So, of course I said yes! Oh well, just means I'll have to make another one for my sample stash - hee hee!

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Sketch & Stash Challenge #20 - I've followed this scrumptious sketch (which you will see again!).

2. PollyCraft Monday Challenge #25 - I've managed to include 'sparkle' and 'spots' (and possibly stripes or swirls if you count the wavy sea pattern!).

3. ABC Challenge E is for embossing - I used a CB embossing folder to create the bubbly background behind the mermaid.


Finally, today's YNS contest is open until 5th October midnight (EST), and the winners' names will be announced on the Your Next Stamp Challenge blog on 7th October... which is when the fabulous YNS Halloween Digi Stamps will be available to buy, and our very first YNS challenge begins, so be sure to join us then!

And that's not all, Karen is very kindly giving ALL YNS customers 10% off for today only (3rd October) – all day until midnight EST – so be sure to use the discount code worldcardday when you checkout!

Happy World Card Making Day everyone! ...... I'll be back tomorrow with more cards!!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp
Happy Days Mermaid and Just Swimming By Mermaid
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: Doodlebug 12x12 'High Tide'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore cardstock
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pearls, Ribbon, Glitter glue, Versamagic Dew Drops (Sea Breeze, Tea Leaves)
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch, 3D foam pads, Cuttlebug, Nesties, CB Embossing Folder 'Tiny Bubbles', PVA glue

33 comments:

  1. Oh this is so adorable, what wonderful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful I can see why you was reluctant to let it go ,totally yummy.
    hugs, louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this set and Yippee Fhiona. Those were the first two sets I bought and they are still my favorite!

    Love the details on your card!

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card she's really cute but I think my favourite would be Happy as a reindeer or Paint Kitty thanks Julye

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow this is delightful,what a super gorgeous card...i love it:)

    thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mermaid sure is a cheerful one. Love the sparkling shell and the mermaid cheeks are super cute. It's so lovely!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh this is beautiful!
    Love the little mermaid and the colours!
    Hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so sparkly and pretty Simonne ;0)
    Wonderful pics.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! The sparkle looks fab and the colours too!! I love the new Fhiona stamps, Windswept Fhiona is my favourite!! (It was the way you coloured her last week!!) Have a great weekend,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous Sem. so pretty and beautifully coloured.hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh she is a cutie!! fabulous card!! i love it!!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at pollycraft!!

    Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card! Happy Days Mermaid is just so happy swimming on your card and the paper and ribbon are perfect!!! I'm sure your daughters swimming instructor just adored her new card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card!

    My favorite YNS stamp is skating fiona!

    Happy World Card Making Day!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there

    Great card, love the image. I love the Fairy Tale Princess stamps particularly Castle and Dragon.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY TO YOU! MY FAVORITE STAMP SET FROM YNS IS A TOSS BETWEEN HAPPY DAYS MERMAID AND WIND SWEPT FHIONA. I WOIULD LOVE TO HAVE BOTH OF THESE STAMPS!!

    QLR

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love the Not So Scary Crow or the Fun with Apples stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! I LOVE what you did with the mermaid! She is so darn cute! You really added so many fun elements to the card to look at, the pearls, glitter...it's fabulous!BTW, my favorite stamp is Fhiona and friend Penguin =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of the detail in this card. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

    Have a great day!
    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sem, she is just toooo cute! I can see why she was snatched up quick! Great colors and textures. Lovely as always!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO SO cute, Sem! love the bubbly embossing, with the blue pearls to add interest - it really makes her background POP! that violet ribbon is GORJE, too!

    my fave YNS stamp is Rainy Day Fhiona - actually the little cloud and raindrop are my two faves, but they're in that set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow wow wow this is beautiful I love the image and the embossing really looks like bubbles, love the cute little shell too thanks so much for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is stunning! I love the colors, patterns, and textures -- they all fit together so harmoniously!

    My favorite Your Next Stamp stamp is Skating Fun Fhiona.

    My e-mail is stockingstufferaday at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Simonne!!! I love the glitter detail on the clam shell, and the pearls! Your coloring is stunning as usual! FABULOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome card Sem! Your coloring is fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A gorgeous card Sem, I love it!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card so yummi any little girl would love this card! thanks for joining us on the ABC challenge, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cute, live the glitter
    My favourite ? Skating fun fhiona :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous card, I love the colours on this, they're just perfect for a mermaid!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is stunning. I love the way you have done the bubbles . Ideal for a swimming teacher. This a beautiful image and you have used her to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Totally fabulous! Love your coloring, all the glitter and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all the Fhiona stamps but my favorite YNS stamp has to be Let It Snow.

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a stunning card Sem... love the embossed bubbles with the image, that's such a fabulous touch!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x