Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Your Next Stamp Challenge #2: Shape Card

Click to enlarge image
It's Wednesday and time for a new challenge over at Your Next Stamp! Challenge #2 is being hosted by my wonderful DT Starlet sister Lana, and she has chosen the theme of "shape card". As always, a randomly picked winner with receive a YNS stamp! You have 2 whole weeks to join in with each YNS challenge - plenty of time to place your order and receive your stamps from the YNS store! And remember that there are some really cute limited edition YNS Halloween digi stamps available at the store until 31st October for instant gratification!

So onto my card ... I have to confess that I have never made a shaped card before so I went for a rather predictable scalloped circle!! I handmade this scalloped circle card by using a compass to draw a large circle onto a white 4.5" square card and then cut it out using my scallop scissors (...making sure I overlapped the circle so that I still had a fold!). I then coloured the edges of the card using my RV10 Copic Ciao to give it a pink cloudy/mottled effect.

I chose to use this cute Bubbly Fun Fhiona stamp (part of a 10 piece stamp set) and therefore wanted to create a bit of a bathroom effect by using some striped paper for the 'wall' and some patterned paper for the 'tiled floor'. Because I cut Fhiona out, I recreated the bubble pattern that are part of the original stamp by using some self-adhesive pearls. Some pink and brown spotty ribbon from my stash together with some liquid pearls, and voila!

Thanks for popping by everyone - have a great day!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp Bubbly Fun Fhiona
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (E00 E21 R20, E27 E29, BG23 G00, RV10, YG06 YG11) and ProMarker 'Ivory'
PAPER: Making Memories Boho Chic 'Lauren' 6x6 pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'French Roast'
EMBELLISHMENTS: Brown/pink spotty grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Stickers Perals 5mm Pearl (#1952) and 3mm Lt Pink (#2504)
TOOLS: Scallop scissors, compass, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, scissors

16 comments:

  1. Adorable as always, love the bubble pearls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute. Love the paper you used and those pearls are just perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Sem

    Gorgeous card! I love the bubble pearls, great image

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfectly coordinated card Simonne! I just adore this one
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so adorable, wonderful image and love the shaped card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous! Love the image and the colour combo, I feel so relaxed just looking at the card! Love the pearl bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. I love the images and the pearls as bubbles. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant as always. You always have such amazing ideas for doing things differently. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, so love the image and the pearls you added! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Sem, so cute. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable scene. Your handmade shape sure looks awesome. Love those pearl bubbles, very cute!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sem Cute card, I love the image and the pearls as bubbles, very clever Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! I love the pearl bubbles and the DP you've used
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x