Friday, 23 October 2009

Whimsy Blog Hop: Change of Season

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps 'Change of Season' BLOG HOP! The DT have 4 fantastic new stamps to show to you today from the Whimsy Animals range.

If you'd like to participate in the hop, and you didn't arrive here from Ann's blog, then click here to return to the start of the blog hop, as you don't want to miss all the fab new releases as we hop through the changing seasons!

The hop starts today (Friday 23rd October, 12noon EST) and ends on Wednesday 28th October at 12noon EST.

We have some great prizes for you to win on this hop, but remember that to be eligible to be entered into the draw to win our hop prizes, you must leave a comment on EVERY blog along the hop.

1. Each DT member is giving away the stamp they used on their creations (brand new) - so I will be giving away "Whimsy Winter Raccoons" to one randomly picked winner from the comments on this post.

2. If you join the Whimsy Stamps group over at SNR, then you will be entered into the draw to win a small mystery prize ... ooooh, wonder what it could be?

3. Finally, the grand prize for participating in our hop is all 4 of the new Whimsy Animals stamps, showcased through this blog hop.  The winner will be drawn from the comments on the company site, so make sure you follow the blog hop all the way to the end!



So for my blog hop/new release card, I have used this brand new stamp called "Winter Raccoons", which is available to buy (along with all the other stamps you'll see along the hop) at the Whimsy Stamps store.



Aren't these Raccoons the cutest?  :o)  I have to confess that I had a quick squizz on the worldwide web for some piccies of real raccoons, just to make sure I got the colouring spot-on!  I added some Flowersoft Polar White to represent the snow on the tree, and punched out some small snowflakes from white glitter card and stuck them on randomly (sorry the pics are 'grey' - it's wet, dark and cold here today!):



(Click on any of the pics to see a larger version of them.)






So now you need to hop on over to my wonderfully talented Whimsy Stamps DT 'sistah' Debbie to see what wintry delight she has to show you.... but don't forget to leave me a comment first!! ;o)

Thanks for popping by - have fun on the hop!

[I'm going to enter this card into this week's Crafty Angels challenge, which is Black & White ... I completely understand if my card doesn't count, as it has quite a lot of green accents, LOL!]

Hugs, Sem x



Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Winter Raccoons
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (G00 G05 G17 E37 E29 E21 C-3) and ProMarkes (Warm Greys 1-5)
PAPER: Unknown (given to me in a RAK - thanks Shelia!)
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore - Nightfall and Envy (SG040), and White Glitter Card
EMBELLISHMENTS: Green organza ribbon
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Nesties, Woodware small snowflake punch

69 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! CUTE racoons and that green is fantastic!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Sem! Really showcased that image nicely! Love the green and black, very elegant together. Beautiful coloring and fantastic snow accents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Simmone, aren't those raccoons the cutest? Love the colours you used! Have a great weekend! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Card Sem I love the flowersoft on the tree and the gorgeous colours you have used,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors and details great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, those Racoons remind me of the cartoon. (showing age now lol).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sem, i love the colour combo- gorgeous papers and the image is so sweet. Your colouring is stunning.

    Fern zz

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZER!! Sem, this is truly beautiful and sooo classy looking!! I love how you've rocked the image with your coloring!! Fantastic job!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sem
    I love the layout of this card and those colours are stunning. Beautiful.
    Hugz
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Sem your colouring is just fab.I love this image so different from any i,ve seen.The trees great.
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful original card Simonne
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE this card!!! The raccoons are not only cute but love the green and black combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so gorgeous and elegant! The image is fabulous!! Great job, Sweet lady!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eine schöne tolle Karte ist das in schönen farben
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  15. adorable!

    Pop on over to my blog for a chance to win some AWESOME candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card. Those are some fun, playful little 'coons. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT Color combo. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reminds me of something that would be going on in my woods! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is soooo gorgeous. I love the colours you have chosen to use.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the green and brown, and the raccoons look like they're having fun!
    Sian
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is gorgeous. What a darling stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card! I love the green and brown together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Sem! The image is so cute. Love the green that you used!

    hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look rather cheeky don't they? Great colours, and love the shadow of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think this is one of my favorite images!! Your card is just absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is adorable and your coloring is awesome! The raccoons look so mischievous peeking out from the tree!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow I have just found your blog and fallen in love with you amazing cards! This is so adorable and the layout is just so perfet :D
    I will have to go back to the start and follow the hop.

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is adorable!! and your DP is perfect with the images!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm speechless, the detailing here is amazing! The 3d effect with the snow, the popping snow flakes, and you make the most beautiful bow of ribbon! You have also hot spot on with the colouring of the raccoons. All I can say, is great work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG that raccoon is adorable! Your color choice is over the top...do you mind if I CASE it? How classy you made this little feller! You guys are really rockin' this Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  31. really cute card. the raccoons are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful card, they are so life like, what great colors Sharon S

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ah Oh!!! I think I LOVE your card the most!!! LOVE The snow on top of the tree. Love the snow flakes!! The brown and green combo is just lovely!! Sheer ribbon, perfect topping!! I love this card!!!!!!!

    I love looking at your DTs cards. They give me so many ideas! Thanks for the op to hop along and possibly win too!

    QLR

    ReplyDelete
  34. lol, Simonne - I had to look on the web too when I was coloring the raccoons for the banner ad! That says something, though, right? Whimsy really does have unique images! Anyway, wonderful card, totally loving the color combo!!
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  35. So adorable ! your work is lovely.

    Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE your card and your design style! I was just surfing blog sites looking for card inspiration and dropped in on yours. The design & colors caught my eye. The stamp is cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I absolutely adore your card! Fabulous coloring and the color combo of black & green is so striking! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great layout and I love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW - your card is incredible! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love you card its great .I cant want for X-mas now.sarah K

    ReplyDelete
  41. OMG! This is absolutely stunning! Your coloring is out of this world! Love the snow on the tree! Those raccoons peeking out of the tree is so darn adorable! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very cute card...thanks so much...
    www.creationsbyjulie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. ooohhhhh Simone,
    this card is cute , I think of the 4 images this is the one I love most.
    and the paper is beautifull too.
    hugs and love from Andrea
    www.andreascards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I completely fell in love with this image when I first saw your card Simonne! You rocked this! Beautiful colouring and a brilliant choice of papers and colours. I'm off to have another look and drool a bit more :o)
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Simone I think this is my favorite of the stamp images and your card is beautiful I love that black white and green together really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the special touch of The 3D Snow and SnowFlakes! The little guys sure look like they are having fun!! Wonderful card!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. OMG, I love your card--this image is so cute and you did a wonderful job with your layout and everything! Thanks for a fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  48. super cute stamp set and card! love the addition of the flower soft!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your Card just Pops so well
    and your coloring is just spot on and love how you've made your tree so snowy :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great colour combo and so cute image! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great card! Beautiful stamp, although I find it very difficult to colour trees. You did a great job! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

    ReplyDelete
  52. Arnt they just adorable, love them and your card is amazing.
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  53. Those stamps are really cute. I love what you have done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Really cute! Nice job! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is so fab, I just love your colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh my goodnesss - your card is absolutely delightful!!! I love what you did with it and your coloring is spot on!!! GReat job!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is such a cute christmas card. So playful. Having fun on the hop too.

    ReplyDelete
  58. It's such a lovely card.
    love the colors! 10X for sharing.
    inbar

    ReplyDelete
  59. omgosh, you've taken these adorable critters and made such an elegant card!!! Love your paper and ribbon! WOW!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  60. LOVE IT!! they just keep getting better thank you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a gorgous card Simonne!
    The racoon is so cute and your coloring is fab!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  62. My favorite card today! Love the green and black!!! Those raccoons with the tree are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wonderfully done! Love love how all your colors coordinate! The images are just super...

    HUGS,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  64. Fantastic card, I love it!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  65. stunning card Sem...beautiful colouring and I love the paper its lush
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  66. This is great. I love this image and what a great way to showcase it. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete