Thursday, 15 October 2009

Truly Scrumptious 18: Whimsy Connor

Click to enlarge
Hey everyone!

I've been super organised this week and already made my DT commitments for this coming weekend, so that's left me with some time for some extra crafting - yay!

As some of you will know, hubby is a New Zealander, and ALL his family live over there. His older sister has 2 children, and her youngest, Alex, is about to turn 2, so I thought this gorgeous Whimsy stamp called 'Connor on Bike' would be ideal! I had a bit of a looksie around challenge-land and found a perfect sketch to match this image by the fantastically talented Mina, over at Truly Scrumptious. Although I love my layers, I'm really loving these kind of sketches at the moment - the ones that allow you to really show off the patterned paper rather than cover it up with a different piece ... kwim?


Of course, boys (even two-year-olds) don't want flowers on their cards, so I used a combination of punched out stars and buttons from my stash. I was SO lucky that the buttons matched, as I only have about 50 in total!!


And frugal old me even managed to use up the scrap pieces of card as the strips in the sketch (plus some organza red ribbon for a bit of texture!).

Sorry for the pants piccies. I'm afraid the gorgeous, sunny Autumn days have gone in my neck of the woods, and it's dull, grey and overcast today with absolutely NO light! So I've been unable to really capture the colours correctly, despite spending ages with my photo editing software!!

As I said to Denise (of Whimsy Stamps) yesterday, I love every single one of my cards that I have made for Whimsy. It's really rare for me to like my cards (I'm my own worst critic!), so I feel that this is such an achievement. It must be those Whimsy Stamps, LOL!

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Whimsy Stamps Challenge #23 'Get punchy' - I've used my 1" Woodware star punch to punch out the red and green stars.

2. Cupcake Craft Challenge #61 'Buttons & Stitching' - I added some gorgeous BG buttons and some faux stitching around the image.

3. Crafty Angels Challenge #5 'Buttons & Bling' - BG buttons and ... if you look really hard you'll see two small yellow gems in the middle of each bike wheel!

4. Creative Inspirations Challenge #31 'Family' - This card was made especially for my nephew, Alex, in New Zealand ...

5. One Stop Craft Challenge #50 'Happy Birthday' - ...to celebrate Alex's 2nd birthday!

6. Truly Scrumptious Challenge #18 Mina's Sketch - and last but by no means least, I've followed Mina's amazingly gorgeous sketch! Thanks Mina for yet another fab sketch!

Thanks for popping by everyone!

TTFN!

Hugs Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Connor on Bike
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers
PAPER: Basic Grey Cupcake 6x6 paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore - Palm Grove (OG020) and Cardinal (CR020)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Versamagic Dew Drop 'Spanish Olive' (GD-59), Red 9mm organza ribbon, Basic Grey buttons
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Woodware 1" star punch

23 comments:

  1. Waw so fab card and love the image and so fab papers! Great layout!
    Hugs, moni

    P.S.: candy has not arrived! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card! perfect for the boys! Love the stitching and the btoon detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card for a boy Sem. Love how you've coloured Connor in. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Sem! Love the fun bright colors, perfect for kids! Absolutely awesome coloring on the image! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card the colouring on the stamped image goes so well with the paper.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Sem. You've coloured the image perfectly and I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I love all the bright colors. That is a fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the papers and the great image. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake crafts this week.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sem, what a gorgeous card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and the buttons match perfectly. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great card Sem! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness girl!! This is a knock out!! What stunning coloring you've done with Connor!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours and what a fab image, it is always hard to make cards for a boy but this is fab.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous image and you've made a fabulous card with him.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely choice of colours to dress Conner in. Another fantastic card and brilliant for a boy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great boy card - so striking and the colouring is gorgeous


    Thanks for joining us on Ts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sem how are things not been round for a while. How is the New DT position going? tell all lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sem, this is fantastic darling, You have coloured him so perfectly your shading is super. Im sure Alex will love this card, its so bright and cheerful.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, your nephew will love it. Thanks for joining in the OSCC. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just gorgeous i do love the colours you have used, great job on our theme, thanks for joining us at cupcake, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi dear, fabulous card again! The coloured image and the paper go so well together! Really great!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful boy-ish card!
    Thanks for playing at Cupcake Craft this week.

    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sem, gorgeous card - love the colours,papers and details. Fabulous colouring and great image for a boy. I agree it's nice to show some of the papers instead of covering them up.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x