Sunday, 11 October 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 13: Sugar Nellie Autumn

Click to enlarge image

Hey everyone!

It's Sunday again, and time for a brand new sketch at Sunday Sketch & Stamp, designed by the fabulous Clare! If you take part in this fortnight's challenge, you will be entered into the draw to win a £10 Joanna Sheen gift voucher!

Today is an extra special day for the team at Sunday Sketch & Stamp, as it marks the start of our 3-month Guest Designers positions for Mira, Claire and Vicki! Welcome to the team girls - we're SO happy to have you!

For my DT card, I decided to crack open my brand new (and untouched) Basic Grey 'Indian Summer' paper pad. I love Clare's sketch, as it's one of those that really lets you show off the paper and the image. (I do love using sketches with lots of layers, but it does sadden me slightly to cover up such delicious paper with more paper, LOL!).

I decided to use another of my new Sugar Nellie Autumn Kit stamps. If you don't own them, I would urge you to buy them, as they are all so gorgeous!

Click to enlarge image

Something a bit different for the flower ... I took a large purple Prima flower and inked around the edges with my Plumeria versamagic dew drop pad, took a white daisy Prima and coloured it brown with my E29 Copic Ciao, then threaded 3 co-ordinating roses (bought from Joanna Sheen a while ago) through the middle:

Click to enlarge image

I really wanted to add a charm to this card, but I didn't think I had any other than hearts and strawberries ... but then I found a little packet of charms and spacers that I was sent in a RAK some time ago, and in there was this leaf charm - perfect!

Click to enlarge image

I decided to revisit a style that I used to use quite a while ago - distressing! I sanded the purple Core'dinations card to give it a distressed look, used an edge distresser around the patterned paper and then inked the edges with some Versamagic dew drop ink.

Click to enlarge image

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Cute Card Thursday Challenge #81 'So Charming' - my card has a leaf charm!

2. Stamp Something 'Brown Plus Something' challenge - I hope my card has enough brown to qualify!

3. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #53 'Autumn Colours' - I know that purple isn't a traditional autumnal colour, but I think it looks nice as an accent colour to the traditional autumnal colours on this card!

4. Crafty Calendar Challenge #1 'Autumn' - this is a brand new monthly challenge blog, so be sure to hop along and join in!

Why don't you hop on over to Sunday Sketch & Stamp and join in this fortnight's challenge - we'd love to see you!

Thanks for taking the time to drop by and for any comments you have!

TTFN! Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Sugar Nellie Autumn Kit
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers Dual Tip Pens, Blender Pen
PAPER: Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad 'Indian Summer' (Milkweed)
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore - French Roast (CC040) and Harlequin (LL040)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Prima flowers (brown flower coloured with Copic Ciao E29), Roses from Joanna Sheen, 5mm white pearls (coloured with Copic Ciao V09), Versamagic Dew Drops 'Wheat' and 'Plumeria', Organza ribbon, Leaf charm (from RAK),
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, Scissors, Cuttlebug, Nesties Labels 4, Edge distresser, Sander, MS Arch Lattice border punch

25 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, the colours are lovely and warm and I love all the embellishments.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love the new paper you have used!!! Those colours are are perfect too,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sem! I adore this sweet SN image and the rich autumnal colours you've used are delish!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! Just stunning! I love evrything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Sem! The papers are lovely and I love the autumn colours! Thank you for joining in with the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
    Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sem this is stunning hun, everything is perfect, love it
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sem This is exquisite I love everything about it. The colours are so rich and that flower a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Stunning colours and a perfect image. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card Sem, and I just adore that paper!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card sweetie!! LOVE the colors!!!
    hugs, janny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Sem, love that sugar nellie and those papers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us is our first challenge.
    Kim - Crafty Calendar Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh this is gorgeous, I love the colours and papers you've used so pretty thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a precious card! I just love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card, you have the shading and light spot on in the image

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh she is adorable, gorgeous colours and they're perfect Autumn ones.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!! Just stunning! I love what you have done with this Sem Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, I love the image, colours and the leaf charm. Thanks for joining us this week on CCT.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card! Love the colors that you have use dand that image is just darling!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so pretty. Love the paper you used and the colors are just perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards Sem, and thanks for stopping at my blog!! I have done as you said. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous card and really love the colours,thanks for joining us on crafty calendar challenge.
    hugs,louise

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Yep you have enough brown! Love these BG papers, the colours are so yum! Your colouring of that sweet SN is fab! Thanks for stamping something with us, this week:) Hugs, Rowena-SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your flower and the coloration is also great!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  25. wonderful autumn card Sem, love the colour choice and the gorgeous dp. lots of pretty detail to with the ribbons and charm. Gorgeous.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x