Sunday, 4 October 2009

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge 27: Pull Out

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Today marks the start of my 6 month DT position over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog! WOO-HOO!! Our challenge this week is "Pull-Out", so we want you to create a card/project that has something that must be pulled out!

This week our sponsor is Emma from Stampin' Up, and she has donated this wonderful prize:

[photo of prize coming soon]

This project was actually a custom order .... from our daughter!!! LOL! I made my first Diagonal Double Pouch (the tutorial for which can be found here at SCS) for the Your Next Stamp blog hop. My daughter loved the idea, but didn't really like the colours I'd used (they were fall colours), so she asked me to make her one of her own, complete with 2 matching bookmarks that can be 'pulled out'.

I let her look through my stamps, and she immediately found this cute Your Next Stamp stamp called Fhiona and her pony Maggie (our daughter is horse mad, and I actually bought this stamp solely with her in mind!). She picked the paper she wanted from my K & Co Berry Sweet 12x12 pad, and then gave me very precise and detailed instructions on how to colour the image! (I had originally already coloured an image with an orange pony to match the paper, but she told me off, as it looked too babyish ... well, as she said, she is 8 years old now!!). I added coloured glitter glue to various places for a bit of sparkle:

Click to enlarge image
I used a 12x12 double-sided piece of paper, cut it to 8.5" x 11" and followed the really easy folding instructions at SCS. The image was cut out using my Nesties, then I popped on some of my favourite teeny tiny Prima flowers with co-ordinating gems to decorate:

Click to enlarge image
For the first bookmark, I used pink card with the image on one side and a quote on the other. If you click the pic to enlarge, you'll see that I've added coloured glitter to both the image and around the edge of the quote:

Click to enlarge image
And for the second bookmark, I used Maggie the Pony's head (again with a bit of glitter on her bridle ... is that the correct term? LOL!). I popped a piece of the remaining paper on the reverse, punched out some tiny hearts in red and pink card, and glittered these up too:

Click to enlarge image
Both bookmarks fit into the pouch perfectly:

Click to enlarge image
Suffice to say, our daughter loves it ... bright colours, ponies ... although she thinks it's too nice to actually use! (...she's not getting away with not reading using that as an excuse! LOL!)

We'd love you to join in with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog, so why don't you hop on over and take a gander at the rest of the DT's wonderful creations - you won't be disappointed!

TFL! Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp Fhiona and Her Pony Maggie
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos and ProMarkers
PAPER: K & Co 12x12 double-sided "Berry Sweet" pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore
EMBELLISHMENTS: Prima flowers, 5mm gems, Spotty green and gold grosgrain ribbon, Glitter glue
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Nesties, Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch, Cuttlebug, CB Swiss Dots embossing folder, Woodware corner rounder punch

9 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome ;0) Welcome to the SSC DT ;-)

    Hugs, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the DT...and you can tell your daughter you're on a DT with someone that is a horse trainer (me! LOL)... Love the card, as I'm sure your daughter does...and I'm warning you know when the horse bug bites it's hard to get it to let go...LOL... (obviously I was bitten pretty hard...LOL), anyway, welcome...and love the colors you've chosen here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, love the papers, love the colors, love it all! Great job ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Simonne no wonder Erin loves it. Gorgeous colours that you have used. Orange pony?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love this image, lots!! Great project!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO adorable! Love the bright, fun papers and how cute that she knew exactly how you should color the image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. I love the book marks.
    Love the brigth colors.
    Look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww these are adorable, and gotta love the sparkle, I so love glitter! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x