Sunday, 18 October 2009

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge 29: Spooktacular Gorjuss Girl

Click to enlarge image
It's Sunday again, so that means it's time for a new Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! For this week's challenge we invite you to create a SPOOKY Halloween themed card or project!

This week we have TWO sponsors! Our first sponsor is Digital Stamp Oasis who have kindly donated 5 digital images of the winner's choice. And our second sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, who have generously donated a $25 gift certificate:

Click to visit Simon Says StampWe Brits don't celebrate Halloween in the same way that our buddies from over the pond do, and so I don't have any need to make Halloween cards to send or to sell! So when I found this old line piece of Imaginisce 'Hallowhimsy' paper half price, I was really happy, as it's still Halloween paper, but not with any actual Halloween prints! I don't own any actual Halloween stamps other than the YNS digi stamps (that I made a card with last week), so I chose one of my 2 Gorjuss Girl stamps, as I think they're perfect for that Gothic look (plus I love her stripey 'Halloween' tights!):

Click to enlarge image I coloured her using a mixture of Copic Ciaos and ProMarkers, then inked around the edge of the image with my Tea Leaves Versamagic Dew Drop. (I also used my Midnight Black Versamagic Dew Drop to ink around the edge of the design paper).

The layout of this card is my very own design!! YAY!! I'm usually not brave enough to design my own card layouts, preferring to take inspiration from other fabulous designers, but I'm really pleased with how this turned out! Also, I don't own any square or rectangular nesties, or a scallop border punch, so I painstakingly measured everything out and used my scallop scissors to achieve the black scalloped card mat!

Click to enlarge image I took some of my precious tiny weeny Prima flowers and coloured them black with my black Copic, then popped on a spacer and some small Papermania brads. I also used the tiniest of green flowers with a black pearl in the middle to adorn Miss Gorjuss' hair. Some black organza ribbon and a heart charm, and it was done!

Click to enlarge image I really like how this card turned out, as I think it would be perfect for an older girl or teenager! I have 2 nieces who are in their teens, so this will definitely be going to one of them!!

Finally, I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:
2. Papertake Weekly Challenge'The Dark Side' ...Mwah, ha, ha, ha!
3. Cute Card Thursday Challenge 82 - 'spook fest'
4. One Stop Craft Challenge 51 - 'Halloween'
5. Pile it On Challenge 19 - 'Ready for Halloween'

Thanks for taking the time to drop by, peeps, and for any comments you have - I love reading them all.

Hugs, Sem x



Ingredients
STAMP: Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl 'Sitting'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (E00, 100, YG03, YG06, YG11) and ProMarkers (WG1, WG3, WG5)
PAPER: Imaginisce 12x12 double-sided Hallowhimsy paper (#000704 Lollipop Lizzy)
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 Colorcore - Mantis and Nightfall
EMBELLISHMENTS: Versamagic Dew Drops (Midnight Black and Tea Leaves), black organza ribbon, jump rings and heart charm, Prima flowers colour with Black Copic, Bead spacers, Papermania Small brads, Black 4mm pearl
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, scissors, 3D foam pads, PVA glue, Scallop scissors

27 comments:

  1. Stunning card, love the Gorjuss girl and great colour combo! Fab paper and so love the flower in her hair! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fab- love the colours and the fact it's spooky but you could use for any occassion

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card..so love those paper and the colour combo..and her pretty little flower in her hair.TFS and good luck with the challenges hugs clarex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorjuss! :) Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, fab card Sem! Love the color combo and your image. Beautiful coloring, great accents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty is this card, the colour combo is lovely.
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorjuss!! Love the dramatic colour scheme you have used, it looks fab!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! I love the green and black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I absolutely LOVE how you did the brads with the flowers and the spacers and the colors.. wow! I love this card!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love the little charm hanging from the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,

    I absolutely love this card. the colours are fantastic and the image amazing.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card Sem, great colours Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Sem and such a fantastic idea to use the goth colours and image! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the dark side of this card as well. That paper and those brads are the perfect touch. I don't have any Gorguss Girls, but think I musht get some:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous!! Love the colour combo!! and the fab DP's amazing card, just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card love the image and the colour combo is fantastic thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful coloring job as usual. This green is not an usual color, but it looks fabulous on your card :O)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the coloring - it is absolutely perfect; the color combination is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, Sem, and the colors are perfect for this Gothic look. The GG collection of gals are so pretty! Cami

    ReplyDelete
  20. stunning,love the colour and the flowers.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiya Sem wowie just stunning hun your card is absolutely wonderfull, just beautifull colors and the choice of papers are just perfect. A Job Welldone hun...
    hugs terry

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful card sem love the gothic look! hugs mx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute cute cute!

    Thanks so much for playing!
    Dee - Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great card for the halloween challenge. Thanks for joining in with our one stop craft challenge.
    Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bardzo podobaja mi sie kolory !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x