Saturday, 24 October 2009

Sketch Saturday #74 meets Kraftin' Kimmie

Click to enlarge image
Hey everyone! It's Saturday again (yay!), so time for a brand new challenge over at Sketch Saturday. As always, we have a fabulous sketch for you to follow, and our sponsor this week is Quixotic Paperie.

Click to enlarge imageFor my card, I used this adorable stamp called "Charlotte". Charlotte is part of the Moonlight Whispers range of stamps from an exciting and brand new stamp company - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. Don't you just love her hair? Oh, and Elaine over at Quixotic Paperie stocks all of the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps (click here), which is fab news for us Brits!

Click to enlarge image I am also very excited to be a 'Kraftin' Friend' this Saturday over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge Blog, where the challenge this week is "Shades of Autumn". I actually started this card using some lovely autumnal October Afternoon paper, but after colouring Charlotte, I felt that the paper was too busy and overpowered the image, so I tried again and pulled out my unused MME Wild Asparagus 6x6 pack of paper instead. I really love how this card has turned out, especially considering it was quite different to start with!

Click to enlarge imageNow, if you visit me often, you'll know that I don't like adding sentiments to my cards, as I never know who they are going to be given to. However, I'm now lucky enough to have a fantastic set of sentiment stamps in my stash from Whimsy Stamps. The fab sentiment stamp I've used on this card is part of a brand new release Whimsy Circle Postmark Sentiments stamp set which you can see by clicking here. The set contains 6 circular stamps and 2 postmark stamps. They are really fantastic and I'm sure once you see them, you'll want to buy them!

Click to enlarge image
Well, I think that's enough from me for now! Thanks, as ever, for taking the time to pop by and visit me. Sorry I haven't got round to everyone's blogs this week - it's been absolutely manic here! If you fancy popping back tomorrow, I'll have my Sunday Challenge DT cards to show you.

Have a great day everyone!

TTFN! Hugs, Sem x



Ingredients
STAMP: Kraftin' Kimmie Moonlight Whispers 'Charlotte'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (E00 R20 E29 E37 E21 BG09 BG23 G00 YG06 YG03 YG11 R59 E04) and ProMarkers (Pastel Yellow, Ivory)
PAPER: MME Wild Asparagus 6x6 paper pack
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore (French Roast, Mantis)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Prima flowers, Roses from Joanna Sheen, 5mm broan pearls, Versamagic Dew Drop Wheat
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Woodware corner rounder punch

17 comments:

  1. Oh Sem this is gorgeous, fab image and colour combo, and your colouring is beautiful as always
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colour combo on this is brilliant as usual. I couldn't resist Charlotte myself,as she is adorable, but know my effort wont be anything like this. Love the layout as well. Hope the tooth is ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've done a fabulous job with Charlotte!! Your colouring is wonderful and what a great sketch! I'm going too have to try to squeeze this one into my schedule this week!

    I'm so glad you could be our Krafty Friend this week! Thanks so much for helping us with the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love Kimmie's new images and you have really showcased this one so perfectly!
    Hugs Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simmone, Charlotte looks wonderful card in all her autumn Splendor!!! Lovely lovely work!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards a stunner. Love the papers and a super stamp!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo I love this card the image is great but the layout and the colours are brilliant! Love it! Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunner of a card - fabulously coloured, love it to pieces!!!! Love this image too!!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sem, this is gorgeous as always and so beautifully coloured. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Sem, wowie hun what a beautifull card you made, just love the image and your coloring wowie just fabulous, choice of papers are so sweet hun thanks for sharing. Hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simonne, your colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely and sassy card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simonne, your Charlotte card is fabulous!! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us for Challenge #3.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love her!! The colours you have chosen look stunning together!! Beautiful card as always,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card for the challenge and the stamps are so cute love the one you have used but I could not get her at time.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x