Saturday, 10 October 2009

Sketch Saturday #72: Whimsy Duck

Click to enlarge image
Today is a very special day for me ... because I get to show you my very first DT card for Sketch Saturday - WOO-HOO!!

As today is the 2nd Saturday of the month, this week's challenge #72 is sponsored by our regular sponsor Simon Says Stamp, and we have this fabulous sketch for you to follow:

Click to enlarge image
As this is my first card for Sketch Saturday, I thought I'd pull out and use some brand new stash ... my new DT Whimsy Duck stamp (its first inking!) and my new MME 12x12 Ooh La La for Him papers. Like many of you, I struggle to make cards suitable for males, as most of my stamp collection is cute and girly. However, as I now have some of the gorgeous Whimsy Animals stamps, plus this green/yellow MME paper, I can try to add some masculine-ish cards to my ever-expanding card drawer!

Click to enlarge image
Our daughter said that I ought to colour the duck in 'proper male mallard colours', so I tried my best!! I inked around the image with my trusty old Wheat Versamagic Dew Drop, and then I carefully edged it in my Mango Madness Dew Drop (you may have to click on the image to enlarge to see this!).

I decided to make some lollipop 'flowers', which are so simple and fun to do, as I thought they would work better than Primas.

Click to enlarge image
The one thing I'm not happy about is the colour of the ribbon. I wanted some wide olive/forest green ribbon, but I don't have any in my stash, and could I find any in any of my local craft or haberdashery stores? Nope, not on your nelly! So I had to settle for some gold coloured ribbon instead. Not the exact effect I wanted, but it still looks nice ... maybe!

Make sure you hop on over to Sketch Saturday and check out the rest of the DTs gorgeous creations.

I'll be back tomorrow with my Sunday Sketch & Stamp and Stamptacular Sunday challenge cards!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP:
Whimsy Duck
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers Dual Tip Pens
PAPER: MME Ooh La La Him 12x12 papers - '
Get in Line' and 'Frivolous'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore
'Forest' (FG040) and 'February Gold' (HY030)
EMBELLISHMENTS:
Papermania Brads (Large Green), Versamagic Dew Drops 'Wheat' 'Mango Madness'
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, Scissors,
MS Arch lattice border punch, 3D foam pads

21 comments:

  1. Wow Sem this is stunning hun, love the image and your colouring is beautiful, your daughter was right as these colours are fab. It's all perfect hun, love it
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Sem! Perfect for male cards. Love your colouring and delish papers!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fab card, do love the colours, perfect for the ducky image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know what hun, Your card is outstanding and stunning...Perfect Job hun....love the little ducky ....
    Hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that duck!! He is coloured perfectly, and your colour scheme is fab!! (I colour ribbon to match with promarkers). Have a great weekend,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunner. I love the Whimsy Animal images. The new papers are gorgeous. Shame about the ribbon but you can't have perfection every time however hard you try. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card !!!!! and fab animal images !!!
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wowzer!! You've really done a fabulous job creating this card with the Whimsy duck!! Your coloring is awesome!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous, the little duck is too cute!
    Meahni

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous!! Love the image! such fun!! and I love your handmade flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congrats on your DT position Sem and I must say, your debut card is amazing ! Just love that image you have used and the papers are so scrummy. Absolutely perfect for anyone.

    Hope you are OK ? Take care and have a great weekend.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card and I think the ribbon is just fine!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a darling card! I might have to get this duck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that duck!! He is coloured perfectly, and your colour scheme is fab!! Hope you had a good weekend Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really fabulous!!! This image is very funny!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab little duck! Love the colours you have used, great card.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fab!!
    Love the colours and papers,they go so well to you`re image!!
    Love it :)
    Hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hehehe love this one hes sooo cute and love those beautiful handmade flowers!
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x