Friday, 23 October 2009

Feeling bummed-out! :o(

Part of the top of one of my molars broke at the weekend (tip - don't eat Cadbury's toffee eclairs!!), and so I took a trip to the denist on Tuesday to have it checked out.  Haven't been for a while (slap my wrists!), so after a very thorough exam, I was told I obviously had to have the broken tooth sorted, plus a couple more small fillings.  I was feeling no pain whatsoever, and the dentist was confident she could just build the broken tooth back up.  Went in this morning to have this done ... or so I thought ... once she started cleaning the tooth, it became apparent that I need a root canal!!  Oh joy!  So today's treatment was drilling down and cleaning out the canal and filling with a temporary filling.  I have to return in a week to have the rest of the treatment for that tooth (have to make sure there is no infection left before filling it properly).  Luckily I'm able to have that part of the treatment done on the NHS, otherwise it would have cost me £360-£495 - OMG!!!!!
So, suffice to say I'm bummed out at the moment.  The numbness is subsiding, and the pain is starting - ouch! Thankfully all my DT cards are made and all posts scheduled (except one) so at least all that's out of the way.  So I'm sorry in advance for not visiting your blogs over the next few days, as I'll be lying on the couch moaning with pain...LOL!!!

Hugs, Sem x

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sem hun, sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon! Never fun to go to the dentist, but that visit much have been just plain rotten. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Sem, that's not the best of treatments to have. Hope the pain isn't too bad
    huggles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Sem I hope you are feeling better soon! I have a huge fear of the dentist so I am feeling your pain right now!
    Big Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry to hear of your dentist trip Simonne and i can definitely have empathy for you because I've also had root canal and it hurts :(
    Big Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your tooth Sem..dental work is NO fun. Hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your dental problem. Hope you get back to yourself soon, so we don't miss much of your awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Sem I really really sympathise with you , I have had root canal treatment a few times now and apart from the horrible pain the costs are terrible. I hope you feel more like yourself in the next few days. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x