Monday, 28 September 2009

Your Next Stamp DT card for The Pink Elephant challenge

Click to enlarge image This week, Your Next Stamp is sponsoring The Pink Elephant Challenge blog and I was honoured to be asked to be a guest designer for this challenge!

TPE Challenge #33 is a recipe challenge: Something with dots, Use a Punch(es), a Tag. Of course, I just HAD to use my brand new Windswept Fhiona stamp, but this time I wanted to have a go at using my Copics to colour her, so I chose some fun paper and a bright colour scheme to match the colours in the small set of Copic Ciaos that I own!

For the punches part of the recipe, I used my Woodware Daisy punch (...I must get some other sizes of this great punch - I only have 'regular', LOL!) to handmake some co-ordinating flowers. And I popped a decorated chipboard tag on for the sentiment.

Over at Truly Scrumptious this week, there is a fabulous sketch by Heather for Challenge 16, so I followed this for my card. It was fab to work with, and so I will certainly be using this one again!

Click to enlarge image
I'm also going to enter this card into this week's One Stop Craft Challenge 48 which is Die Cuts (I used my Nesties Circles!).

Don't forget that there are still LOADS of ways to win free YNS stamps and YNS gift certificates at the moment. You must get your hands on these little beauties, as we'd LOVE you to join in with our fortnightly (bi-weekly) challenge blog, starting 7th October!! - just check out my YNS section of my sidebar for all the details and links ------->

Thanks for dropping by! Happy crafting, folks!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp 'Windswept Fhiona'
INK: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (E00 R20 BG23 YR07 YG03 RV02), ProMarkers (Sandstone, Cocoa)

PAPER: We R Memory Keeper's 6x6 paper pad 'Tiffany's'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore (Mantis, Aegean)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Olive 4mm pearls, Prima flowers, Card Candy, Ribbon, Chipboard Tag
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Woodware Daisy Punch

21 comments:

  1. Totally beautiful card, love the layout and the image is just so cute, I love the colours you have used. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, great layout and I love the dotty papers!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, worked the sketch really well. Love your card for Sketch saturday too - oodles of luck in this round

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card. I love the colours that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors, and I love the way the dots on her hat reflect the dots on the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, I totally love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so gorgeous Sem, I love those papers and that cute little girl stamp...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I just LOVE this card!! Great colours and Windswept Fhiona is just so darn adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sem, glad you enjoyed using my sketch and what a fabulous job you've done with it. Fantastic colours and i just love that adorable image.
    Thanks for playing along - hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, such a sweet image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simonne you did a wonderful job with windswept Fhiona and I must say i think she is one of my favs!
    Your colouring is just super!!!
    ugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sem stunning card darling love the colour combo and those lovely flowers. Your colouring is superb.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on making the Sketch Saturday DT
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations on making Dt so looking forward to working with everyone, love your style.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on making the S.S. DT
    Hugs COCO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on making it to SS DT!!

    And i love you`re sweet card!
    The colour combo is just fab,and what a sweet image!
    Hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable and congrats on the new DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sem...
    This is such a cute card!!!

    HUGE congratulations on joining sketch saturday....looking forward to working with you!!
    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Semm Great card love the colours and your colouring is soooo crisp! thanks again for the wonderful blog candy!! Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! Love the colors and of course the adorable Fhiona!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x