Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Welcome to the YOUR NEXT STAMP Blog Hop!

Come and join the YNS Blog Hop!

The YNS Starlets have got absolutely LOADS to show to you today! We each have 3 fantastic cards and/or projects all made with BRAND NEW RELEASE YNS stamps that you can buy from TODAY direct from the YNS store.

The blog hop starts today (23rd September) and runs until midnight (EST) on 27th September.

The grand prize for this awesome blog hop is $50 of YNS stamps of your choice (with FREE shipping)!!! Also, Karen will be drawing another winner from one of the YNS Starlets DT blogs who will win a stamp set (again, with FREE shipping)! But we don't know which blog that will be!! To be in with a chance of winning the grand prize or the secret prize, you need to leave a comment on EVERY blog in the hop.

And if that's not incentive enough, each YNS DT Starlet is offering a small prize on each of their blogs too PLUS there will be FREE SHIPPING at the Your Next Stamp store from the start of this blog hop until midnight (EST) on 24th September - just enter the code PARTY at the checkout.

If you want to participate in this fun hop, and you didn't come here from Amy's blog, then you need to hop back to the beginning and start from Karen's blog, where you can read in detail the rules for entering.

I have loads of piccies to show you, so I'll try to keep the chat to a minimum!! LOL! (I'll list my supplies at the very end after the first 24hrs of the hop). So, without further ado, here are my YNS DT creations....



(1) WINDSWEPT FHIONA

~ Stair Step Fold Card ~

Click to enlarge image
When I saw the Windswept Fhiona set of stamps, I knew instantly what I wanted to do with them - a Stair Step Fold Card! This is something I've never attempted before, but I just knew it would work so well with this stamp set!

I have to say that I'm really proud of this card - I didn't use any stamps other than those from the stamp set plus my own drawings!!

Click to enlarge image
I made the sky myself by cutting out a cloud from a scrap piece of card and then used my Sea Breeze versamagic chalk dew drop pad and my index finger(!) to sponge around the cloud, moving it around to achieve the cloudy sky effect. I also made the tree myself by taking the stick stamp from the stamp set and stamping it several times onto a piece of patterned paper, then stamping up and cutting out some additional leaves. I handdrew the tree trunk myself! Finally, I drew the stone wall myself too, but this time I used MS Paint to draw one section and then duplicated it. It was sheer fluke that it ended up the correct size!! LOL!

I made sure that all the elements that were added to the card still worked when the card was folded up flat (sorry for the slightly wonky photo with half of the wall missing - I had to hold it down with one hand whilst taking a pic with the other, and I'm not showing my nibbled nails to anyone, LOL!!):

Click to enlarge image


(2) HAPPY AS A REINDEER

~ Card ~
~ Treat Bag Topper ~
~ Mini Pizza Box (SCS) ~

Click to enlarge image
For my second project, I decided to make a Christmas 'gift trio' with this cute Happy As A Reindeer stamp, which was so easy to stamp up and colour:
Click to enlarge image
For my card, I followed this week's fabulous sketch #7 over at Delightful Sketches by Digital Delights:

Click to enlarge image
The treat bag topper was really easy to make (no tutorial needed!) - and I even took a special trip to Whittards to buy the co-ordinating pink and black individual Lindt Lindor chocolates!

Click to enlarge image
Finally, I made this mini pizza box following a Split Coast Stampers tutorial:

Click to enlarge image
I decorated the inside of the box and used one of the new Christmas Imaginisce £0.99 clear stamps for the sentiment. I inked up the words with some black ink and the snowflake with some pink ink to achieve the affect - happily, it worked first time!

Click to enlarge image


(3) NOT SO SCARY CROW

~ Diagonal Double Pocket Card (SCS) ~
~ 2 bookmarks ~

Click to enlarge image
For my third project, I decided to make something I haven't tried before - a diagonal double pocket card (tutorial from SCS). I've just taken delivery of some older OA papers (but they're new to me!) and I had a particular double-sided piece in mind to use with this adorable YNS Not So Scary Crow stamp. So I took the different colours from the patterned paper through to my colouring of him:

Click to enlarge image
I made 2 matching bookmarks to go into the pockets, again using the scarecrow stamp and the scraps of paper that were left over (I don't have any of this paper left now, as silly old me only ordered one piece, so I must remember to order some more!). For this first bookmark, I used one of my favourite Dr Seuss' quotes:

Click to enlarge image
And for the the second bookmark, I found a wonderful quote about books by Charles W Eliot:

Click to enlarge image
Finally, some co-ordinating ribbon I happened upon in my ribbon bag and my project was complete!

Click to enlarge image

Okay, so those are my 3 YNS projects! I'm sure you'll agree that these stamps are fabulous! If you fancy some yourself, make sure you order within the next 24 hours to get the FREE SHIPPING offer ... yes, that's FREE SHIPPING worldwide!! If you get some of these stamps, then you'll be able to join in with our biweekly/fortnightly YNS challenges too!

So remember - leave a comment on EVERY one of the YNS DT Starlets' blogs to be in with a chance to win the grand prize. I will draw the winner of my mini YNS blog candy, which will be one of my DT creations (above) plus a surprise, on Monday 28th September.

Finally, don't forget that there are TONNES of ways to be in with the chance to win free stamps from YNS at the moment. Just check out the YNS section of my sidebar for all the details and links ------>

Have you left me a comment? Yes? FAB - thanks so much! :o) So now you can hop over to the next YNS Starlet on the blog hop, the wonderfully talented... Cabio

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you've enjoyed these projects, as I've really enjoyed making them for you!

Hugs, Sem xx

62 comments:

  1. Love your Fhiona card! So much detail and work put into it! Great job!

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simonne - OMGoodness you sure have been busy!! WOW!! All of your projects are incredibly creative and beautifully done!! You sure have rocked the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simonne.........what can i say apart from WOW girl you have been so busy and creative and all your projects are super!
    I can't even choose a fav because they are all so special
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW SemSee!! Great Projects!!! FAB Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THEM!!!! Very creative ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects! These images are great!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy Semsee. Every project is wonderful. Words like Exquisite, fabulous fantastic , terrific , come to mind plus many more. Rather sexy picture of you on YNS, love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem, these are FANTASTIC! i absolutely love the reindeer set you made! thrilled to be playing along with your bloghop today - i've been so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Windswept Fiona is too cute, and you've made lovely projects with all of the images! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you are just pure talent from head to toe!!! I can't believe you drew the stone wall and tree trunk!!! Awesome projects, Simonne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your clouds ... AWESOME. Love it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowee, you have blown me away!! These are all just fabby!! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the reindeer!! Ok, gotta have it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Great projects.
    I love Windswept Fhiona!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful creations!!! Stunning work! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness girlfriend, you've been busy!!! Love them all, especially windswept Fhiona..love the sky and all the elements you've added. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW this is some MAJOR and INSPIRING MOJO here! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your projects are great! I love the scene you created with Fhiona- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Simonne! I am speechless hun! Your projects are stunning - you are so talented. I love them all and that Windswept Fhiona card just 'blew' me away - ha ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are AMAZING!!! Love all of them!!!

    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow!! You really made some amazing creations here!! I love them all!! Beautiful Fall designs!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow Sem, these are all so spectacular - what a very talented laydee you are ! I love them all and I was amazed at your own drawings in your step card - fantastic !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! Gorgeous and so cute!! Love the reindeer and the colours are fab too!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooo - another fabby Fhiona one - definately going to check out the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome cards/projects. My personal "fav" is the scarecrow because I just love Fall and scarecrow images.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, I do agree with you, those stamps are fabulous =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, all of your projects are beautiful. I can't pick a favorite...they are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow you did a really good job with all of your projects! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simonne ~ your projects are all gorgeous and I honestly can't pick a favorite. The border punch you used on the stair step card is perfect on the brick wall, the Christmas set is so clean and crisp (with fabulous colors), and the fall card with bookmarks has wonderful papers, and I love the quotes you used. Your coloring on all these is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wonderful projects, love the reindeer :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That step card is just so darn cute love that smiling sun all your projects are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your step card is so adorable! You did a fantastic job! just beautiful!and the wind swept Fhiona is adorable.
    Love that reindeer!
    How fun!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the scarcrow and that reindeer is fab too and so is Fhiona such lovely cards. THanks for the chance to win Julye

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just happened to come across your next stamp while doing a random google search and I was SO excited to see all of the UBER cute stamps!!! They are SO cute that I was doing my little happy dance and MUST own at least one of each set! I love the new Fiona sets that were just released!!! Thanks for the chance to win some of these MEGA cute stamps!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! All of your projects are amazing! Love the beautiful fall scene with Fhiona! Love your ideas with the reindeer! Double pocket card is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just love all of these projects, but I think the reindeer is my favorite! Love the box and those delish candies in there! And the tri-level card is fabulous! I want to give that a try! Great job!

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy As A Reindeer is a wonderful stamp! Great card!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW! I really like all three of your creations. I am a huge fan of the 3-D efect and I love the way that Fhiona is off the page blowing in the wind. Your Reindeer box' are wonderful and give me a few ideas to tap back into for X-Mas gifts. I am a huge reader and the book marks are lovely!! I adore the scarecrow. The color combinations that you ised just say fall and Halloween all over!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your coloring is fabulous! Your projects are fabulous! YOU are fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. The reindeer projects are soooo awesome...love the color choice :)...I only hope to be half as talented as you by next year!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my gosh! ALL of your creations are absolutely STUNNING! You are amazingly talented at coloring! Wow! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ohhh I love your samples! The stair step card is just amazing! Super job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. love all of it, but the reindeer is soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm in love with all of these!!!!! that first card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  45. super projects!!! wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your cards especially the scarecrow pocket card

    ReplyDelete
  47. What fanrasric projects you've posted. Love all the detail and the adorable stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, you do such great work!. Thanks for the chance to participate in the bolg stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  49. That card is so cute with the mushrooms and I love the bookmarkers! Really came out nice. Thanks for letting me look in! Carol M in TX /carolswingster77@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. LOVE your projects. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are all so adorable! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  52. Simonne, love the stunning creations you did. The scenary of the Fhoina card rocks! Love all of these lovely cards and altered projects!
    Hugs all the way from California,
    Cabio
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  53. Just hopping by to say "hi!"
    Your creations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  54. OMGoodness your samples are so darling ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x