Sunday, 13 September 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 11: Frillie Millie BonBon

Click to enlarge picture NB Sorry for the rubbish photo - I took it when the light was fading, but I'll take another and update soon.

It's Sunday again, and time for a brand new challenge at Sunday Sketch & Stamp!

Before I jabber on, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who joined in with challenge 10, and for all your wonderful comments about my sketch (I'm so relieved you liked it, LOL!). Of course, I'd like to think that our record number of participants had something to do with my sketch, but I know you all wanted to try out for the Guest DT positions really, didn't you? *wink wink* LOL! The DT are busy gazing upon your fabulous creations, and we'll be making our final decision soon.

So... onto my card! We have a great sketch by Arianne this fortnight, and a prize donated by Pink Petticoat! The DT were lucky enough to be given the brand new Pink Petticoat 'Frillie Millie' range of digi stamps to play with, and I chose 'Bonbon' for my card (purely because she has a poodle, LOL!)


I confess that I'm still finding my Copics hard to use, so I've decided to give Promarkers a try instead. I already had a few (that I won in a blog candy giveaway a while ago), and so I ordered Sandstone and Blue Pearl from Joanna Sheen so I could take part (for the first time!) in the Passion for Promarkers challenge blog. These colours are so beautiful together, and I really enjoyed using the Promarkers, so I'm going to continue giving these a try for the time being!

The little 4mm pearls were originally white, but I used the Sandstone and Blue Pearl Promarkers to colour them to match the card.

So....I'm going to enter this card into this week's Passion for Promarkers Challenge (week 16)!

Thanks for visiting today, guys! I'm off out for the day at a Kite Festival with hubby and daughter!

Happy Sunday!

Hugs, Sem xx


Ingredients
PAPER: MME Wild Asparagus 6x6 paper pack
CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations (sand) and Bazzill (blue)
STAMP: Pink Petticoat Frillie Millie Bonbon (digi stamp)
COLOURING MEDIA: ProMarkers - Sandstone, Blue Pearl, Cocoa, Blush, Pastel Pink, Ivory, Warm Grey 1
EMBELLISHMENTS: 4mm white pearls (coloured using Sandstone and Blue Pearl promarkers), Organza ribbon
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Woodware inverted corner punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Cuttlebug, PVA glue, 3D foam pads

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sem, i love the colours... and the image is fab. Pro-Markers give such a great bold affect. Great idea with the pearls too.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truely beautiful Sem, these colours are gorgeous together and Frillie Millie looks soo fab. Love the layout and all the extra details gorgeous!!
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, thanks so much for joining us at PFP this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sem, the image is adorable and your colouring is fabby, wish mine was half as good lol
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!I love this image she is gorgeous!! Beautiful card, your colouring is gorgeous too, those colours work so well together!!
    hugs Angewla x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a gorgeous card fab colouring and papers. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sem, what a gorgeous card. I love the PP image and your colouring is fab. I hope you will continue using the promarkers as they are so much fun. Thanks for taking the time to enter our challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab!! such a grgeous image!! and I really love the colour combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card Sem, and what a cutie image
    thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card! I love the light blue and light brown together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ya Sem !

    Hope you are OK ? Just been having a peek at your blog and you have been a busy bee lately with loads of terrific cards. Many congrats on your new DT position, good luck for the Sketch Saturday one. I love the card you made for it, so clever and inspirational, you deserve a place just for this one alone ! Keeping my fingers crossed for you !

    Take care and keep up the good work !!

    Much love,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't give up on the Copics - there is definitely a learning curve. Have you tried looking at youtube for video tutorials.

    Love your card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color combo and your coloring of her is fantastic! Cute, cute card Sem!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sem, love your blog & your creations, this card is a stunner, love that image. Thanks for playing along at PFP & joining in the hop.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sem this is gorgeous I love your image and colouring thank you for joining us this week at PFP Sue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Card is just Adorable I'm so loving these cute stamps You've colored her in just Fantastic
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is wonderful, love the image and beautiful colour combo.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card, the image is so sweet, and you've coloured her beautifully with your Promarkers. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! I love you work. You have a good eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a darling card! That image is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sem, what a gorgeous card Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x