Thursday, 24 September 2009

Sketch Saturday DT Call - Round 2

Click to enlarge imageI am SO thrilled to have been chosen as one of Sketch Saturday's Top 12, following the first round of their DT call! YIPPEE!!! I genuinely didn't think I'd get through the first round, and so suffice to say I feel shocked, surprised and over the moon to have been chosen! Thank you so much, girls!

The second (and final) stage of the DT call is to make a new card using any of the Sketch Saturday sketches from the last 3 months (i.e. as far back as sketch #56).

I had terrible trouble trying to choose a sketch, as I love them all! So to narrow it down, I eliminated all the sketches that I have used in the past, and then after picking the stamp that I wanted to use, I further narrowed down my choices to those sketches that I thought would work with that image. Finally (phew!) I decided upon the wonderful Sketch #59, which was originally set on 11th July:

Sketch Saturday: Sketch 56 As I wanted to use this beautiful Sugar Nellie stamp from the new Autumn kit, I decided to use autumnal colours of oranges, browns and greens, and so out came my MME Bloom & Grow 12x12 papers (which, I'm ashamed to admit, is only the 2nd time I've used them! Tut, tut, LOL!).

I coloured the image with my Whisper Pens, and mixed up a custom colour for her coat by blending orange and brown pens on an acrylic block and applying them with a blender pen. I inked around the edges of the image with my VersaMagic Wheat dew drop chalk ink pad, and then inked around them again with Pumpkin Spice (click on the pic to enlarge it):

Click to enlarge imageIf you follow my blog, you will know that I always omit the sentiments on cards. I don't sell my cards (I keep them in an ever-expanding drawer in my house!), but use them for personal use, so I don't like to 'pin down' the occasion for each card as I don't know who it will be given to in the end! However, I have some lovely sentiment stamps that were part of the WOJ Autumn Stamp Kit, and so I couldn't not use this one!!

Okay, so that's it - I can do nothing more now than wait nervously!! ...my poor nails are going to be non-existent by next week!! Hee hee!

And don't forget to join in with the YOUR NEXT STAMP BLOG HOP (see my post below) - it's fun, it's easy (all you have to do is leave a comment on all the DTs blog hop posts), and you could win the grand prize of $50 worth of YNS stamps of your choice!!

Thanks for dropping by, your time and your comments are so very much appreciated!


Hugs, Sem xx

Ingredients
STAMP: Sugar Nellie Autumn Kit 2009
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers Dual Tip Brush Markers
PAPER: MME Bloom & Grow 'Grow' line 12x12 double sided paper (Little Blossom and Falling Leaves)
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'Tank' and 'Tangerine'
EMBELLISHMENTS: 4mm Orange pearls, Prima flowers, green button, green/brown wool, VersaMagic Dew Drop ink pads 'Wheat' and 'Pumpkin Spice'
TOOLS: MS Doily Lace border punch, Woodware corner rounder punch, Woodware Grass punch, Paper trimmer, scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads

26 comments:

  1. Hi Sem
    Gorgeous card as always and i especially love those warm autumn colours they look fantastic.
    hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow shall I bother finishing my attempt lol I can't belive we have both picked the same sketch!
    Good luck

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Simonne!
    wonderful colouring and I think you chose the sketch well, thats a great way to decide which one to use ;)
    Thank you!!
    I will try to let you all know the final DT line up as soon as possible so that you will have some nails left! lol
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic card. I love the choice of colours. That sketch looks complicated to me but seeing what you have done with it makes it look easy. Another perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the beautiful colouring and all the best with round 2, I'm sure it will be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous, lovely colouring. Good luck hunni
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Sem! I love it. your colouring and choice of colours are wonderful! Perfect choice of layout! Love it! Good luck with the DT callo! Big hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Your coloring is amazing!!! Best of luck!
    Hugs~
    Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Simonne, wow hun your card is very beautifull. Your colouring is just perfect I wish you good luck with the DT hun.
    hugs terry and also thanks very much for your loveley comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, your card is just beautiful! I love everything about it! Best of luck with the DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, Stunning, Stunning... your colouring is amazing!! I'd wish you luck but i dont think you need it!
    ha ha... thats the same method i used to decide on a sketch... and i also narrowed it down to 57 and 59...
    okay.... good luck!!
    Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ACK! I can't get over how gorgeous your coloring is!!! I love that precious image, and all of your details are fabulous! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Sem, my favourite papers!! Congratulations on being selected you deserve it! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic card and I am now even more nervous about making mine I have had extra shifts this week so cant start till tomorrow.
    louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful image and fabulous colours.
    Have my fingers crossed for you.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi There Simmone

    Beautiful Autumnal Colours...I think a few of us have chosen the Autumn Feel - I love the embellishments youhave used and the stamped image is just too cute...

    Good Luck Hun

    Jo X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stunning! I love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is stunning, good luck with the DT spot! thanks for mailing out to Paige too!!! Her mom mentioned she loved the international cards, so i know she'll love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Sem! Love your projects below too!

    Good luck with the DT Call!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card! no wonder you were among the top 12. Congrats and the best of luck in the next round...

    ReplyDelete
  21. this stamp is beautiful, I have never seen it. You did a fabulous job coloring it. Thanks for sharing and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simmone This is totally Ace!! the colouring is so beautiful so delicate! love the colours, its a real winner I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, your colouring is perfect, good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on getting through Hun it is a super card Unfortunaly I wasn't lucky enough hey ho I wouldn't of liked to chose

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x