Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Sketch Saturday #68: Your Next Stamp - Frog Princess

Click to enlarge image I'm glad to see that the UK mail is starting to get back to normal, as this morning I received my first 5 sets of DT stamps from Your Next Stamp! I'm getting a bit worried that my new Sugar Nellie stamps (that were dispatched over a week ago) haven't arrived yet....

Anyhow, with 5 (count 'em!) new stamp sets to play with, I set straight to work and inked up this little beauty, which is called 'Frog Princess' and is from the 'Fairy Tale Princess' line of stamps at Your Next Stamp. 'Frog Princess' is a set of 4 stamps: this beautiful princess about to kiss a frog, a larger individual frog, some flowers in grass, and a 4-flowers border stamp. I intend to use the other 3 stamps for the inside of this card, but I haven't started it yet!

Click to enlarge image
I have had this gorgeous 12x12 double-sided and glittered Imaginisce paper for ages now, and of course, it is perfect for this stamp set! I followed this week's brand new sketch #68 at Sketch Saturday, as I felt it fitted perfectly with what I wanted to do!

Click to enlarge image
I coloured the little frog princess using my very limited stash of promarkers. [She had to have a blue dress, as I don't have any pink or suitable green promarkers, LOL!] I used some gold glitter glue to highlight her crown and gold detail of her dress. Plus I put some tiny self-adhesive gems on her crown for extra bling!

Click to enlarge image
I used my Cuttlebug and flourish die to cut out 2 swirls and then altered them a bit to make one large swirl, and I coloured the larger blue flower and the blue pearls with my blue promarkers. Finally, some blue gingham ribbon and some faux-stitching to finish it off!

Your Next Stamp has TONNES of exciting things going on now and in the next month. I've put all the info in my sidebar, so be sure to check it out. There are loads of ways you can be entered into draws to win free stamps - follow the YNS blog, join the YNS fan club at yahoo, a mini guessing game at the YNS blog - plus we'll be having a blog hop on 23rd September, where you can also enter to win a fantastic prize, and our fortnightly (bi-weekly) YNS challenge blog is up and running and we'll be ready to start challenges in October! Ooh, and don't forget, there is still time to place your orders and take advantage of the FREE SHIPPING at the YNS store. Just enter SS1 at the checkout - ends tonight!!

Thanks, as ever, for popping by! I'd love to know what you think....?

Hugs, Sem xx


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Yext Stamp 'Frog Princess'
COLOURING MEDIA: Letraset Promarkers - Gold, Pastel Blue, Sky Blue, Sandstone, Cocoa, Blush, Pastel Pink
PAPER: Imaginisce 12x12 double-sided paper 'Fairest of them all/Be back by Midnight' (000918)
CARD: Core'dinations Amaryllis (BR010) and Bluebell (BB010)
EMBELLISHMENTS: Blue/white gingham ribbon, Prima flowers, White/pink/blue 4mm pearls, Pink/blue self-adhesive gems, blue glittery brad, gold glitter glue, Inkssentials white opaque pen
TOOLS: Scissors, Paper trimmer, X-Cut corner punch, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Cuttlebug, QuicKutz Rev-0024 die

21 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous!! I love the background you have created and the gorgeous girly colours!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful, Simonne! love all the pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love how the sketch has worked the flowers are so prety!! I quite like the simplicity of the new stamp, you colouring looks fab!! I'm all for "simple" at the moment as I just don't seem to have much time??!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! How very sweet this is!! I love your fabulous coloring and such beautiful attention to details!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, and wonderful new stamp!

    Karin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo pretty, Simonne! Gorgeous coloring, and I love the dp you used with her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Sem! Love your coloring and the layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute princess with a frog. She is such a darling and the DP is a great choice! Way to go girl!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, so bright and beautiful
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sem, a gorgeous card, so cute. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! This card is stunning :) I love that dp and your layout is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this to bits....always lovely inspiration...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just darling! Yeah for getting new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful cute image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simonne you did a fabulous job with this card it is so pretty and girlie!!! Your papers and colours are just perfect and your colouring well it is fab
    I'm so pleased you got all your stamps mine arrived this morning yippee!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Supercute! Also . so pleased to see that you joined us for our blog hop over at BnW. Wish you a great weekend. Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Sem, this is so cute! First thing I thought of was cotton candy! Pretty colors and great layout!

    Luv'n'hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously cute card, Sem! Love that image and you've coloured her so well. Fab layout, all fit for a princess.x :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sem this is absolutely stunning, I know lots of little princesses who would adore this card. Its so gorgeous and beautifully made I would want to frame it and put it on the wall for all to see.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just too cute! I love your coloring and the super cute frog she's holding! FAB job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x