Sunday, 23 August 2009

Your Next Stamp 1st Design Team Call

Your Next Stamp

A brand new stamp company called 'Your Next Stamp' has arrived and they need a design team to help them promote all of their fun and whimsical stamps, so I've decided to have a go!

To enter, we need to create a post on our blog with 2 of our best cards. They are looking for creativity and originality, great colouring abilities, and the ability to provide a great picture of our work. It was really hard for me to choose 2 of my cards, as I still feel I am a newbie and have so much to learn, but in the end I went for these, as I feel they best show the attributes 'Your Next Stamp' are looking for......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ Card 1 ~

Sugar Nellie 'Daisy' card using Basic Grey 'Sugared' papers (made as part of a gift set):

Click to enlarge image

Click to enlarge image
(Please click on the images to enlarge)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ Card 2 ~

Two of The Greeting Farm's 'original' Miss Anya stamps for a card which is supposed to look like you are looking out of a window at two best friends returning home from a shopping trip! [The patterned paper is supposed to be the wallpaper!]


Click to enlarge image

(Please click on the image to enlarge)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can click on any of the images to enlarge them and see them in greater detail!

Although the DT call requires you to post just 2 of your best cards (which I have shown above), I'm going to add a few piccies to the end of this post, as I'd like to show 'Your Next Stamp' my paper piecing and colour matching skills.

Finally, to everyone at 'Your Next Stamp', I use Whispers Dual Tip Brush Pens to colour my images (they can also be used as watercolours, plus the colour can be blended to make new colours), but I have recently bought a small set (36A) of Copic Ciaos and also have a few Letraset Promarkers. I now use either Copic Ciao E00 and R20 to colour skin/faces or Promarker Blush.

Why don't you pop along to My Next Stamp and check out their cute stamp lines. If you'd like to apply for the DT, then click here to be taken to My Next Stamp's blog post where you can read all the details, but be quick as the deadline for applications is 28 August 2009.

TTFN!
Hugs, Sem xx


Click to enlarge image
Paper Pieced Miss Anya


Click to enlarge image
The Greetings Farm 'Wild Sprout'

12 comments:

  1. great cards, good luck on the DT call! I also am trying out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sem, think I will have a look too? Your cards are gorgeous, good luck!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Sem. I think you should be a shoo-in for the new DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Sem! Good luck with the DT call!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards that you chose. I wish you luck!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is so beautiful, I'll be surprised if you don't make the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous collection of cards!! I think they are amazing. hopefully you well get the DT thing I hope so because I think your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't be suprised when they rip yr arm off for the DT possition lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are exquisite. Your style and colouring are always perfect. Good luck with you DT attemps. Off to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well these all definitely show how talented you are, I should think you're in with a very good chance. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog through the Your Next Stamp DT call, and then today your card is featured on the TGF blog! Fabulous cards - I think you're definitely in!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x