Thursday, 6 August 2009

WOJ Challenge 42: Jacqui's Sketch

Click to enlarge image G'day everyone!

Darling hubby took even more darling daughter to the beach today for a bit of father-daughter time, so I had a rare few hours to do some crafting. I've been having MASSIVE trouble lately with my mojo - just not feeling it, for some reason - and I seem to have reverted back to taking hours to complete one card.

Anyway, I've made this card for this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge (#42), which is a fab sketch by the uber-talented Jacqui. I decided to use (for the first time ... slap my wrists!) Whiff of Joy's 'Melinda Blowing Kisses' stamp from the Guardian Angel Collection (Fall 2008) by Elizabeth Bell. I glittered up her wings and highlighted some details using my Sakura clear gel glitter pen.


Click to enlarge image
I couldn't find ANY dark brown flowers (...why is that despite having 100s upon 100s of Prima flowers, I can never find the shade I want, LOL!) so I had to make do with punching one out of brown cardstock. I think I may treat myself to one of those embossing flower punches that Woodware make!

Click to enlarge image

I used my new MS Heart (Valentine?) border punch and also ran the pink paper through the swirly Cuttlebug folder to give it a bit of interest and to continue the 'swirly' theme of Melinda's clothes, DP and flower jewellery!

Click to enlarge image
I'd love to know what you think!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs, Sem xx

Ingredients
Basic Grey 'Bittersweet' 6x6 paper pad (Cherry Cordial, Crushed Berry, Brittle) : Core'dinations cardstock 'French Roast' : MSBP Valentine Lace : Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder : Nesties Label 4 : Whisper Pens : Sakura Clear Glitter Gel Pen : Versamagic Dew Drop Wheat : Prima flowers, brads, bead caps & 3D foam pads from stash

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous! such yummy colours and embelishments, and really love those sparkly wings! another stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello y love your card he is beutiful Liefs Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorge as usual hun!

    Where do you get the spacers drom on the brads I still haven't found any and I am seeing them pop up every where I need them! I need them! lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! Gorgeous card!!! I love this Basic Gray papers. Hugs Giò

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sem

    Just to let you know that I have left you a little something over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! The image is fabulous! Great colouring:)
    Have a wonderful evening:)

    Hugs,Kari:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sem

    Love this card, love the colours you have used, not sure if its the weather or what but I have lost my mojo too at the moment, hope you enjoyed your crafting time. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful WOJ and beautiful papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love the bittersweet paper and her glittery wings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Verry gorgeous!! Love those papers. I like the flowers that you have done with the punch! ;) Also love the glitter you added.
    Hugs,
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is gorgeous, I adore the BG papers you have used and I love this image too - shame on you for keeping her hidden !!!

    I usually keep a stash of white/cream flowers to hand and then when I need one and I haven't got the colour, I colour a white/cream one with a ProMarker pen !

    Thank you for your lovely comments and it is so good to hear from you again!

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. a gorgeous card sweetie, love the dp that you have used. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x