Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Whiff of Joy: Christmas in August!

Click to enlarge image
I've just finished my very first (ever!) Christmas card - WOO-HOO!! I only own 1 Chrissy stamp - 'Herb with Teacup' - so I decided to join in with this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge 44 which is a really great sketch by Rach.

I coloured Herb with my trusty Whispers pens (I still find these quicker and more comfortable to work with than the Copics I own!), but had to mix several colours on an acrylic block to achieve the dark red colour, which I then applied with the blender pen (I get through the blender pens quite quickly, so I bought 5 packs when I last ordered them, LOL!!)

Click to enlarge image
I used my brand new Imaginisce Polar Expressions 12x12 double-sided DPs - one side of each sheet has glitter detail - and chose 'Fun Drops' because it had some cups of hot choc and the sentiment already added, and 'Frosted Forest' so that it looks like Herb is in a pine forest!

Click to enlarge imageI have a large bottle of crystal glitter gel that my daughter used to use for crafting when she was a bit younger, so I used the gel and a paintbrush to glitter-up the red cardstock , the 'falling' red/green/blue snowflakes (tiny Prima flowers, as I don't have a snowflake punch) and most of the raised snowflakes of the white background (white card run through the Cuttlebug embossing folder).

Click to enlarge image
I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Whiff of Joy: Challenge 44 - Rach's sketch

2. Simon Stays Stamp: Christmas in August

Thanks for looking folks!
.....only 9 more days until hubby starts back at school and 13 more days until daughter goes back....sniff sniff!

Hugs, Sem xx


Ingredients
Imaginisce Polar Expressions 12x12 double-sided DP : Core'dinations cardstock 'Poinsettia' : Cuttlebug Embossing Folder 'Snowflakes' : WOJ Herb with Teacup stamp : Whispers Pens : MSBP Arch Lattice : Prima 'Sweet n Sassy' flowers : Gems, 3D foam and ribbon from stash

10 comments:

  1. I like this card!Beautiful the colours, the image and the papers!

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Sem. Love the colours and all the fabby sparkles you've used! Congrats on your greetings farm debut!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so gorgeous love all the sparkle!! Those stamps are gorgeous, papers look fab, you have made another beautiful card!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colouring and a lovely cheery card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I really love the image and composition!! Looks great:)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card ! I love this image,,, very cute :-) I love the papers and embossing ,,, everything is just fab !! Lovely :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-) and with your first ever Christmas card !! :-)

    Lols x x
    p.s I have a christmas HM blog candy if you would like to enter ,,, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just a darling Christmas card! I was super excited that Marie picked your card for Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem, I love, love, love this card! So bright and cheerful! great colors!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful! I love the bright colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sem, love the image and the pretty sparkles. If this is your first christmas card then i cant wait to see more its fantastic.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x