Saturday, 22 August 2009

TGF Farm Fresh Friday: Dressy Miss Anya

Click to enlarge image

Afternoon everyone!

First, an apology for being such a slack crafter/blogger this week. It's still the school hols here in England, and as both hubby and daughter are home, this week has been spent out and about and away together!

This morning we all decided to stay home. Hubby wanted to watch the All Blacks and dd wanted to colour images with me, so I decided to make a card using one of my brand new Miss Anya Dressy stamps, following this week's sketch by Jess (Farm Fresh Friday Sketch 5) over at The Greeting Farm's blog.

Click to enlarge image
I do love my Miss Anyas - I've had the 1st set for ages, and now I've got this 3rd set (Dressy) - and as TGF had the 'Rain Snow Shine' set on special at only US$10 this week, I obviously had to order those as well, LOL, so soon I will have all nine Miss Anyas in my inky mitts!

Click to enlarge image
Red is my favourite colour (I have lots of red clothes), but not a colour I often use on cards. Green & pink seem to be safe combo for me, so I decided to root around to see if I could find some red papers for this card. The only stuff I could find was this OA Cherry Hill paper and some BG paper (from the June Bug and Cupcake pads), so I went with the OA, combining it with one of my faves from their Weathervane range 'Chilly Mornings' (the reverse of this paper is gorgeous!) for a brown, red and white colour combo card ... the colours of The Greeting Farm!!

I've had a bit of a scout around the challenge blogs, and so I'm going to enter this card into the following 4 challenges:

1. PollyCraft Monday Challenge #22 'Favourite Things' : My Miss Anyas are definitely my favourite stamps and I've used my fave technique - paper piecing!

2. ABC Challenge 'B is for Buttons' : I've added 4 brown buttons to this card.

3. Creative Inspirations Challenge #23 'Spots, Dots and Circles' : My spotty OA definitely fits the bill!

4. Scrappy Frogs Challenge #11 'Paper Piecing' : My favourite technique! I've paper-pieced Miss Anya's dress using the spotty OA paper.

Anyway, that's it from me for today! Would love to know what you think.

TTFN!
Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
October Afternoon 'Chilly Mornings' (12x12) and 'Sunday Dishes' (8.5x8.5) patterned paper : Core'dinations 12x12 cardstock 'Heartfelt' and 'French Roast' : The Greetings Farm 'Miss Anya Dressy' rubber stamp : Whispers Pens & Copic Ciaos : VersaMagic Dew Drop 'Wheat' : Prima Sweet n Sassy Clueness flowers : MME 'Bloom & Grow' Button Box buttons : Brown & Red ribbon, 3D foam pads, and self-adhesive gems from stash

20 comments:

  1. stunning! Love the colour combo! and I love the paper piecing!! great card! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wauwwwwwwwww what a beatiful card and a beatiful stamp

    Love nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - your colouring is stunning and those papers go so well..

    Thanks for joining us on ABC

    DAwn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo what a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at Scrappy Frogs Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your all having a fun summer hols if we can call it that.
    Gorgeous card as always and brill paper piercing.
    hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card! Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning Sem! I love the colours and papers you've used! I adore thse new Anya images! I ahve the first two sets so it would be rude not to get these! I will put it on my wish list ASAP! :-) Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Love the colors and your paper pieced image.
    hugs, janny

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful!! Love your coloring and layout using the sketch!! Gorgeous coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card love the colours too!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic colouring as always. This Anya is a little darling. Daren't go and check out TGF as I will spend. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card but for some reason it made me think of chocolate!! Great job! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card - love the paper pieced dress!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Sem, just seen it featured on The Greeting Farm blog and left my comment there with all the other fantastic comments you have been left there Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my what a gorgeous card,beautiful colours and papers.i must get some of these stamps,thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card! I love the paper and the colors are pefect. thank you for joinging us at Scrappy Frog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Sem...really gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooh this i adore. I love the miss anya's and dont have this set yet but now ive seen what you have done with her i cant wait to get them. What a gorgeous colour scheme you have chosen and you have coloured her hair beautifully, i can see im going to have to give in and buy some of these copic pens soon ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for chance!
    Hope I win!
    silvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x