Sunday, 2 August 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 8: Whiff of Joy

Click to enlarge imageHeeeellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooo!!! And good morning to everyone!!

Yep, I'm back in the land of the living! Feeling much, much better now [big thanks to all you lovelies who sent me get well wishes], and I've even managed to make a card! Woo-hoo!

So today I'd like to share with you my DT card for challenge 8 over at Sunday Sketch & Stamp. The Craft Barn is sponsoring this fortnight's challenge with a fabulous £10 gift voucher (The Craft Barn ships worldwide, btw!), and we have a scrumptious sketch to follow designed by my teamie, Clare.

Click to enlarge image Since being really naughty and buying my first (and only!) set of Copic Ciaos, I've been using these more and more over my original (and cheap!) Whispers pens. Of course, my Copics Set A has only 36 of the 144 pens you can get, and I realise that I am severely lacking in certain colours (hence the wrong shade of pink on the girl's dress!). However, what with the credit crunch and all that, I can't justify buying anymore at the moment - one set of 36 Copics is about 75% of our weekly food money!! I was hopping around blogland earlier and came across quite a few piccies of people's craft rooms/craft space and realised that I have NOTHING like the amount that everyone else does!! LOL!!
Click to enlarge image So onto the card! I used the cherry paper from the new Basic Grey Lemonade 6x6 paper pad. As you all know, each pad has 2 pieces of each design in it. Stupid me has none of the cherry paper left anymore, as I cut the first piece 1cm too small (duh!), so that's now gone into my scraps box to be used in the future!!

I was going to use one of my Tilda stamps (with cherry dress), but then I remembered that my very good friend, Shelia (aka DippyDog), sent me a wallet full of theWOJ Summer kit images, and this one fitted perfectly. This was my 2nd attempt at colouring, as the first had a green dress, but just didn't look right. As I said earlier, I don't have very many Copics, so the pink of her dress isn't quite the right shade to match the DP, but I still think she looks pretty in pink! LOL!

Click to enlarge imageAlso, I don't have many charms, but really thought I had a cherry one from a RAK a while ago. Couldn't find it, so I added a strawberry one instead!

I'm going to enter this card into the following 2 challenges:

1. Whiff of Joy - Challenge 41: Floral (to use flowers)

2. Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 71: Let's get fruity (I've used cherry DP, strawberry charm, and my image has cherries on her dress and hat!)

Despite all the kerfuffles, I am actually really pleased with this card!!! Hope you like it too?

Wishing you all a fab day!

Hugs, Sem xx

INGREDIENTS
Basic Grey 'Lemonade' 6x6 Paper Pad : Bazzil cardstock : Whiff of Joy image from RAK : Ribbon, charm, pink gems, Prima flowers, brads, spacers from stash : Sentiment from Simon Says Stamp set

12 comments:

  1. So pretty Sem. Lovely fresh colours and I adore the cherry paper you've used from the lemonade pack!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card. I love the colors and think it looks great even if you don't have all the copic colors. Great job.

    I'm also glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fab, this paper is gorgeous, the dress looks fine!! I bought some charms from Elaine at Quixotic cards, 75p for 5, and lots other beautiful goodies!!
    Enjoy your weekend now your feeling better!!
    Hugs Angela X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I love your coloring. Great job getting it into 2 challenges.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous- I love your colour choices and the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just gorgeous! Love the little strawberry charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new blog look. And as always, your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful Sem, love the papers and gorgeous stamp
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous sweetie, fab image and beautifully coloured. glad to hear that you are feeling well. thanks for joining in with my blog candy. good luck hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card hun - love those papers. Your colouring is brilliant too. I'm with you on the lack of colours - I've just started collecting Copics - have about 80 now and still struggling with some colour families. This is going to prove to be soooooo expensive :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute Sem and the colours are absolutely gorgeous ! Love the detail of the butterflies - they look like they are going to fly off the card!
    Awesome as always Hun!

    Love the new look to your blog !

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is the first time I have been on your blog and your creations are amazing! I'm now your follower!!

    Thank you for joining in with my Gorjuss Girls blog candy - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x