Sunday, 16 August 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 9: Love & Marriage...

Click to enlarge image
Hello folks!

This morning I'd like to share with you my DT card for Sunday Sketch & Stamp's new challenge 9, which starts today! If you play along with us, you could win a brand new collection of fab digi stamps donated by our regular sponsor, Crafts 4 Eternity. The DT were lucky enough to be given these stamps to play with for this challenge, and our sketch this fortnight is a great one by our fearless leader, Maggie!

Sunday Sketch & Stamp: Sketch 9
I've never made a wedding card before, and as crafting is my hobby (I don't make my cards to sell), and I don't know anyone who is getting married, this card will join the rest of my creations in my finished card drawer...which is now full to the brim!

I wanted to use a B&W theme with a splash of colour for this card, so I dug out my neglected Dovecraft papers! I was going to go with pink as the accent colour, but in the end, after trying lots of different colours, I settled on yellow.

Click to enlarge image
I knew that a flourish swirl wouldn't look right in the left upper corner because of the print of the paper, so I used my slightly forgotten (LOL!) Cuttlebug ornamental die and trimmed the shapes to create these hearts.

I used my one of my Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio die for the sentiment, and instead of using ribbon to attach it to the card, I used the 2 thin strips of cardstock that I trimmed off the edge of the 6x6 piece so it would fit the card blank. Yes, I am a stickler for getting the most out of my stash!! LOL!

Thanks for popping by, folks. I'd love to know what you think about this card, and I'd love you to join us over at SS&S this fortnight.

Have a happy day!

Hugs, Sem xx

Ingredients
Dovecraft Kate Knight Hint of Pink 8x8 Paper Pack : Core'dinations cardstock 'Scotch' (HY010) : Digi image from Crafts 4 Eternity : Whispers Pens & Copic Ciaos : Nestabilities
'Classic Circle Large' 'Ribbon Tags Trio' : Cuttlebug Die 2x6 Ornamental : Prima flowers : Spacer, brad, pearls, 3D foam pads from stash

9 comments:

  1. Another stunner. I love the way you have done those hearts rather than the swirl and the colour combo of grey yellow and black is brilliant. I know what you mean about not needing wedding cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cute Sem - love the papers you chose!
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a lovely card, as always, you should sell some it helps to fund the habbit!! I sell to friends & family, at the school christmas market and around school,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a gorgeous wedding card! I love the colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card and im loving that digi image! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem
    What a great idea using the thin strips of card in stead of ribbon, I have that tag trio but would never have thought of that, will have to give it a try. Hope you have had a good weekend. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and fab papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute and sweet image! I love your take on the sketch and the colors you chose for it too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x