Tuesday, 11 August 2009

BasicGrey Challenges #1: Daisy

Click to enlarge image
First, huge apols for the absolute pants-ness of this photo! I've tried every room in the house, and the garden, but I can't get a good piccie! Probably too late in the day now! I'll take another tomorrow and update, but I want to post this now as I'm going to enter it for a few challenges, and one ends today!

Okay, so as I'm sure everyone knows, the hugely missed BasicGrey Challenge blog is back!! Woo-hoo! Well, the first challenge started on Saturday (8th August) with a gorgeous sketch by Tara G, and this is my effort!

I had a good ole look through my BG pads and decided to use one I haven't used in ages - 'Sugared' (I love the combination of gold, olive, pinks and brown). I also had a good rummage through my stamps and decided upon my very neglected Sugar Nellie Daisy stamp!

Click to enlarge image

I sanded the dark brown Core'dinations cardstock to give it a more aged look, plus I used a couple of Versamagic Dew Drops to ink around the background DP and also the edge of the image. (Piccie doesn't really show this!).

I've left off the sentiment, as this has been made for someone in particular and I don't want them to realise its for them (and they won't be getting it for a while!) - hope that's okay?

I'm going to enter this card into the following 3 challenges:

1. BasicGrey Challenge - Week 1: I have followed the fab sketch by Tara G
2. Simon Says Stamp: Buttons and Bows
3. PollyCraft Monday Challenge - #21: Buttons and Bows

Thanks for popping by!

TTFN! Hugs, Sem xx

20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sem! Love this Daisy image and the fab sugared BG papers!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, I love the colours you've used on this card, the papers are lovely and Daisy looks gorgeous, she's coloured so beautifully.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sem - the colours are really lovely and a great layout too !
    Hugs,
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love those colours, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wauwwwwwwwwwww She is Beatiful Love Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a beauty!!! :D
    Hugs,
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this!! love the gorgeous colours you have used! and the pink pearls are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! The image is adorable and your papers are awesome!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, wonderful Daisy and lovely papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its beautiful, love those colours, Daisy is coloured beautifully!! I have left something on my blog for you,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sem
    its ages since i been on your blog and how it has changed, it looks great and this card is adorable and your colouring is excellent.
    hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving this I have entered this too I love BG I have the papers you used but I went for others (they are yum arn't they lol)this little girl looks lovely great detail & loving the flowers.

    I have a new MS punch and spacers so come have a look (I'll be using them very soon) lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow such a stunning card...gorgeous!!
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunning card. The colours are beautiful and that flower gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely beautiful... I can't believe I don't own this stamp yet... think i'm off shopping!
    Thanks for joining us at pollycraft xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, love that image & it is coloured beautifully :-)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Breathtaking, gorgeous, beautiful...AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wowee Sem - this is stunning!! Love the Sugared papers and you've coloured Daisy to perfection. Fabulous details - one awesome creation - LOVE it!!
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x