Wednesday, 5 August 2009

ASFOS meets PaperPlay: Enchanted Daughter...

Click to enlarge image Good morning, one and all!

This is a scheduled post, so fingers crossed Mr Blogger plays nice! As you're reading this, we should be enjoying a fun family day out at Longleat Safari Park ... weather permitting, of course, LOL!

So today I'd like to show you a card I made for our dd's birthday (hence the blurred out sentiment). She wanted me to make her a card especially for her, because it would "mean more" to her (....awwww!), so I got her to pick out which paper she liked and also which image she'd like. She loves these Enchanted Lily images from Pink Cat Studio, probably because I ordered them for her straight from Canada so that it said her name instead of 'Lily' on the stamp packaging!! She also wanted the colour red included too!

Click to enlarge image
I coloured Lily with my trusty Whispers Pens and glittered up her wings and the flower 'buds' with my Sakura clear glitter gel pen.

I'm pleased to say that dd really loved her card, and as she said "it's special because you made it especially for me mum, with love!".

I'm going to enter this card into the following 2 challenges:

1. A Spoon full of Sugar - Challenge 63: Floral Fantasy : something floral on our cards. My card has floral DP, flowers included in the stamped image, and Prima flower embellishments!

2. PaperPlay Challenges - Week 28: Dimension : make our projects as 3D as possible. I've popped up everything on 3D foam pads (as I usually do!) - I just love dimension!

Thanks as always for taking the time to stop by. You are appreciated more than you know! And I'd be so honoured if you're inspired to leave a little comment - they always brighten my day!

Big hugs to everyone!

Sem xx
Ingredients
October Afternoon 'Cherry Hill' 8x8 paper pad ('Egg Basket A' and 'Sunday Dishes A') : Core'dinations cardstock : Martha Stewart 'Scallop Dot' Border Punch : Woodware Corner Rounder Punch : Pink Cat Studio 'Enchanted Lily' Stamp : Whispers Pens : Sakura Glitter Clear Gel Pen : Prima flowers : Brads, spacers, ribbon, 3D foam pads from stash

13 comments:

  1. stunning! I love the paper and the colours and those gorgeous glittery wings. such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Love the cute image and the papers are lovely. Delightful punch work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing. Your DD Is sure to love it. I love that Lily stamp and all the details on her. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Sem. Not surprised your daughter loved it! Gorgeous papers and cute image!
    Hugs, vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,my.. this is wonderful! Great colors and the colouring is amazing! The image is so lovely!
    Fabulous paper and details!I can see why your daughter love this:)

    Have a great day:)

    Hugs,Kari:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem, What a cute card!!! I have that image and not ever inked it up yet. :o(
    Your coloring is fab!!
    hugs, janny

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card, I bet your daughter loved it. Gorgeous colouring.
    thank you for the congrats. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Sem this is gorgeous - of course your daughter loved it!Your colouring is superb and the card really makes me want to get that stamp!
    Thanks for joining us on paperplay again!
    Hugs,
    DEI XX
    P.S hope Longleat was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sem, this is so cute. Your daughter has quite the eye - she's picked lovely papers for her card. I'm glad she liked it so much.

    Thanks for joining us again this week on PaperPlay.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just cuter than cute! I love the image and all the pretties with it! I hope you had a wonderful family day.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so sweet, fab papers and a pretty image beautifully coloured. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Sem, love the OA papers and love those two put together - will have to try that one. Love your image too !

    You should have popped in for a cuppa on your way to Longleat !!

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lush,awesome,cute! Love the image.

    Happy crafting!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x