Sunday, 19 July 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 7: Happy Birthday SIS!

Click to enlarge image Happy Sunday, everyone!

I'd like to show you my DT card for Sunday Sketch and Stamp. Today marks the beginning of challenge 7, which is a great sketch by my fellow SS&S DT member, Ger.

Remember that the challenges over at Sunday Sketch & Stamp run for 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to get your entries in! If you enter this fortnight's challenge, you could win a brand new Wild Rose Studio stamp entitled "Best Friends" - which is the image I've used for my card!

Click to enlarge image
It's my little sister's birthday today (well, she's not little anymore, but she is 4 years younger than me!), and so I made this card for her. I thought the stamp fitted perfectly - it's supposed to be me on the left (dark blonde and 3" taller) and my sister on the right (used to be white blonde when she was very young):

Click to enlarge

I've glittered up 'our' shoes, necklaces and the 3 starbursts using my Sakura Glitter Clear Gel pen.... although you can't see it particularly well!I'm going to enter this card into this week's Creative Inspirations challenge 17, which is "Stitching" (real or faux).

Thanks for looking and for any comments you may have - I LOVE reading them!

TTFN! Hugs, Sem xx

Ingredients
We R Memory Keepers 6x6 Paper Pad 'Tiffany's' : October Afternoon 12x12 paper Weathervane 'Chilly Mornings : Core'dinations cardstock 'French Roast' : Prima flowers : Card Candy, pearls, ribbon, 3d foam pads all from stash : Martha Stewart Border Punch 'Scallop Dot' : Nesties Labels 4 : Wild Rose Studio image 'Best Friends' : Whisper Pens

17 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Sem! Cute image and gorgeous papers!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another perfect card Sem. The colours are gorgeous and the image ideal for little sis. Hope she had an enjoyable birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Sem! Cute image and gorgeous papers and fantastic stitching, wish mine was as neat. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sem :) SOOO CUTE! That Nestie shape is PERFECT size for these cute girls. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. this is so cute! Great card for your sister! I really like how you have matched up the papers they go so well together! INKY HUGS! Nicole : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card hun..so love this wild rose image..and the colours and papers are so yummy.
    and im sure your sister will love it.
    hugs clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! When I first saw it I thought "This would be perfect for my sis." Wow, I guess we think a like! Your coloring is flawless; just beautiful!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is fabulous, beautiful girls and love those papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous card Sem. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling birthday card! Those girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great stamp and your card is lovely, very pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Gorgeous,beautiful papers and image,I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card. I love that image. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey Sem, Hope all is well with you...

    What a cute card! Ilove that image!! janny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Sem. . .oh, I love that image. It's a perfect girlfriend stamp! Beautiful job on your coloring and I love your color choices. Very pretty! The dp pattern is very pretty too! Awesome job!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabby card, I bet your Sister loved it. Love the scrummy papers you have used too.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x