Sunday, 5 July 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 6: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARE!

Click to enlarge image

This is my DT card for today's Sunday Sketch & Stamp's Challenge #6, which is a fabulous sketch by the super-talented Barb.

Today is also a very special day for my Sunday Sketch & Stamp DT sistah, Clare, as it's her birthday!!! When I found out that Clare's birthday was on the very day of our 6th challenge, I emailed the rest of the DT (in secret!) to let them know and to suggest that maybe we could make our DT cards actual birthday cards for Clare!!! So I hope you were surprised Clare!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY hun
wishing you a fan-tab-u-lous day!!

So onto the card (which should be safely in Clare's inky hands by now!). Crafts 4 Eternity are our sponsors for this challenge and have kindly donated 4 digi stamps for the challenge prize. The DT were lucky enough to be given all 4 digi stamps to play with for this challenge, and the one I chose was in 'landscape' rather than 'portrait' so I rotated Barb's fantastic sketch 90 degrees to the left and then used it in its mirror-image:

The digi image I chose is called 'Gotch Ya!' and was originally a 'Mister' Frog before I got my hands on it! LOL! I erased the collar and tie, and then once I'd printed and coloured the image, I hand-drew some lips and eyelashes.... and voila....'Mrs Frog' was born:


Click to enlarge image
A bit of glitter on her lips and the wings of that 'tasty' fly and she was done!

We'd love you to play along with us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp, so why don't you 'hop' on over now (...hee hee, sorry, couldn't resist!!) and check out the rest of the DT's creations.

Hope you all have a FAB week!

Hugs, Sem xx


INGREDIENTS
Dovecraft Retro Floral 8x8 paper pad : Core'dinations cardstock 'Chocolate Mocha' & 'St Valentino' : Bazzill cardstock : 'Gotch Ya!' Digital Image from Crafts 4 Eternity : Copic Ciaos (36A) : Cuttlebug 'Floral Fantasy' Embossing Folder : Scallop scissors : Nestabilities : Prima flowers, Pink gems, Pink ribbon & 3D foam pads from stash

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous card hun....and yes i was surprised at the DT cards...was getting worried that no one was going to post they DT cards on the DT blog...but now i know why...lol
    and your card is gorgeous in real life hun...it defo goes with my DT card..he's got a girlfreind now....lol
    thanks so much hun...your so kind massive hugs clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, that image is just so sweet. WIsh I had lips like that lol
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. That frog is darling and you're a genius to have turned it into a female frog. I love the eyelashes and lips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sem. Love how you have changed the image, very clever of you!! and you've coloured beautifully. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink frog! What a cute and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sem,
    Only you could come up with the idea of changing a Mr to a Mrs. I love that shade of pink. Another brilliant card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my crazy friend, I just love this card! You brighten up paper like no one I know, and you brighten up everyone's day, too!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x