Monday, 13 July 2009

Just Magnolia #13: Thank You Miss!

Click to enlarge image
INGREDIENTS
MME Bloom & Grow "Grow" 'Fallen Leaves' and 'Little Blossom' 12x12 double-sided paper : Core'dinations cardstock 'Tank' (OG030) and 'Tangerine' (CO030) : Magnolia "Tilda with Pencils" stamp : Copic Ciaos & Whispers : Martha Stewart Scallop Dot Border Punch : Oval nestabilities : Prima flowers : Spacers, brads, heart charm, ribbons, pearls, 3D foam pads from stash : Computer generated sentiment

Hey everyone!

Today I'd like to show you a card I made this morning for dd's teacher. Only this week and next week left at school before we break up for the summer hols ... ooh can't wait!!!

I followed Mina's scrumptious sketch, which is this week's challenge over at Just Magnolia.

Click to enlarge image
I thought "Tilda with Pencils" would be perfect for this card - I coloured her skin/face with Copic Ciaos and the rest of her with my Whispers:

Click to enlarge imageAnd to finish I added lots and lots of embellies, as I just love them!!

Click to enlarge image
Finally, I'm going to enter this card into the following 4 challenges:

1. Just Magnolia - Week 13: I have followed Mina's sketch.

2. Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 68 "Thank You Miss": Thank You card for dd's teacher.

3. Creative Inspirations - Challenge 16 "Gems and/or Pearls": My card has three orange pearls in the top LH corner!

4. Papertake Weekly - My Favourite Things: My favourite things have just got to be embellishments.. LOTS and LOTS of embellishments!! LOL! My card has pearls, spacers, brads, prima flowers, charm, ribbons, cord ... tee hee!!

Well, that's it from me for today folks! Thanks for dropping by my lil ole blog! And if you have any comments, I'd really love to hear them as they REALLY brighten my day!!

TTFN! Hugs, Sem xx

24 comments:

  1. Heeeellloooo !

    How are you ? So sorry I haven't been visiting in a long while - been up to my eyes in it !

    Wow, what a fantastic card and it fitted so many challenges too ! I adore the colour combo you have used (must remember this one !) and again you need to give me a lesson in colouring as its sooo perfect. The teacher will be bowled over.

    Take care Sem,

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this card Sem! Cute tilda image and gorgeous MME bloom & grow papers! Congrats on combining so many challenges as well! Hugs, Vicky -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sooo adorable Sem - love how you coloured her face - don't have any copics (yet..)which colours did you use for Tilda's face?
    By the way congrats on winning last week's paperplay- so thrilled to see a buddy of mine win!!
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem. this is beautiful, the colours are gorgeous. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOTALLY Gorgeous thanks for playimg with us at Creative Inspirations x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem,
    Miss Thorne will love this. Ideal image for teacher. I love the colours you have used and the embellishments are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute card, the image is great, love the ornage colourway and the way you have added dimention to the card. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderfull card.The paper... the colouring... the stamp... everything is absolutely great. Congratulations for beeing so talented.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally stunning card, I love this Tilda another one for my list, those papers and the colours are beautiful...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! I never would have thought to use this colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! I ADORE the colors you used. Fabulous job hon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous,beautiful embellishments and brilliant colouring!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the tilda image and the beautiful colouring. Yummy papers to. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh she is gorgeous and what a wonderful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card :) I love that image and the papers and colours are fabulous chick xx. Thank you for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sem, what a beautiful card! Tilda looks so sweet (and you're right, perfect for a teacher card).

    I love embelishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...this is just GORGEOUS Sem!! Love your color combo and the cute Tilda and her dress--and of course all your lovely primas and charm!! BEE-AUTIFUL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So gorgeous! I love the green and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Simonne. . your card is gorgeous! I love that pretty orange color and as always, your coloringis perfection! You color so beautifully!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!
    Fabulous creation!
    Totally love your colours and beautiful detail!
    So happy that you have joined us at Just Magnolia!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for joining JM with such a lovely card, the colours and colouring are perfect
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, this is so gorgeous Simonne - love the beautiful colours and papers (my fave at the mo lol) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow this is such a pretty card I love everything about it :D
    Thank you for putting in to join us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck
    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x