Saturday, 4 July 2009

Inky Impressions: Clean & Simple Lili...

Click to enlarge image Happy Independence Day to all my American friends!

Today I'd like to share with you a card I have made which is completely out of my comfort zone! Something I have never attempted before.... clean and simple! I have made it for the Split Coast Stampers 'Clean & Simple' CAS21 challenge. It sure was an awful lot quicker to make than my usual creations! LOL! The longest and hardest part was trying to figure out how to emboss the base cardstock (with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing folder) without having to resort to embossing another piece of card and sticking it to the front!

My intention was to make it even simpler without the pearls and the bottom piece of blue card, but I think they add that finishing touch!

Click to enlarge imageI used my Inky Impressions Lili's Prayer stamp, and used my Sakura Glitter Gelly Pen to highlight and glitter-up her earrings, eyeshadow, bracelet, belt and buckle on her hairband.

Click to enlarge image

Well, that's about it from me for today, folks!!

Thanks so much for dropping by my tiny corner of the www, and for taking the time to comment! I love reading them, and they really make my day!

Hugs, Sem xx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Sem
    This is lovely, I've seen you've been entering SCS challenges, how have you been doing in them. I couldn't see where they are, I only tend to look at the tutorial page I must admit, their tutorials are great. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sem,
    What a beautiful card!!! I swear I could NOT do what you have just done and done so well!!! I over do everything.....CLean and simple is NOT in my make-up. LOL.....

    Have a wonderful weekend...........janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable. I love the celan look of it, the image and your colouring is just perfect
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable sweetie! I love that clean & simple style! Absolutely wonderful!

    Have a great weekend, big Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, I love the clean and simple look it's just so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this card, sometimes simple ones are the best. Love the image and the clean and crisp colours, it just looks so elegant, love the embossed dotty paper,the pearls just finish it off so well. Fab! I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. I've been on a simple kick as of late. Sometimes, it's just better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem ~ This card may be "simple" but it is stunning. Love the partial embossing and I agree with you the pearls just finish it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. Makes you realise how much cr*p you put on cards that you really dont need lol! Love the embossing it looks really effective and the pearls do just finish it off. Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so gorgeous, love the sweet girl and the embossing is perfect.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity and freshness of this one. Her jewellery is fantastic. Will you be borrowing her eye shadow come xmas?

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you know, I so love these adorable girls! This card is very elegant in its simplicity, and in my favorite color, too!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fabulous card Sem! Absolutely stunning and Lili is coloured to perfection. I've always wanted to know how people emboss only part of the card too but seeing as I'm just a novice with the cuttlebug it'll take me a long time before I get around to working that one out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x