Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Inky Impressions Challenge #5: Lili meets PaperPlay

Click to enlarge image Morning all!

Today I'd like to share with you my card for this week's Inky Impressions Challenge (week #5). The challenge this week is follow the Split Coast Stampers Challenges sketch 235, which was a great one to use!

I wanted to use some paper that had a fairly small pattern, and if possible, something with circles, and this piece of paper from my new W R Memory Keepers Tiffany 6x6 pad was perfect!


Click to enlarge image I think I really ought to invest in a few circle punches, as I had to cut out and then emboss the 9 circles, and then cut out the 9 scalloped circles with my nesties & cuttlebug!! It took an absolute age to cut out 18 circles and emboss 9 of them, one at a time!!!! That's 27 runs through the Cuttlebug!!! I decided to make the circles in two different sizes for contrast, and then popped the larger ones up with 3D foam pads.

Click to enlarge image
I used the Inky Impressions stamp called 'Lili's Prayer' - she is SO great to colour and definitely my fave of the moment!! I used a mixture of Copics and Whispers to colour her (I can't figure out how to colour hair yet with my Copics!!):

Click to enlarge imageI wanted to replicate in some way the pattern on the paper, so I made my circles black with a white scalloped edge, then handmade the flowers using green and pink card. I don't have very many flower punches, and so I couldn't copy the flowers exactly, but I really like how they turned out! I was going to put punched-out butterflies on the smaller circles, but they just didn't look as right as the small white flowers.

Click to enlarge image

I'm going to enter this card into this week's PaperPlay challenge (week 24), which is to use handmade flower(s) on your project.

Well, that's it from me for today. Hope you like my card? And if you have any Inky Impressions stamps, then why don't you hop on over to the challenge blog and join in?

Thanks, as always, for dropping by and for any comments you have. I love reading them - they really brighten my day!

TTFN! Hugs, Sem xx



MATERIALS

Paper: We R Memory Keepers 'Tiffany's' 6x6 paper pad
Cardstock: Core'dinations 12x12 'Nightfall' and plain white card
Tools: Nestabilities, flower punches, inverted corner punch, paper trimmer, 3D foam pads, glue
Stamp: Inky Impressions 'Lili's Prayer'
Colouring media: Copic Ciaos & Whisper Pens
Embellishments: Green & orange pearls from stash

14 comments:

  1. great card, love the layout. Think those bright flowers are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sem. Isn't she a cutie? Love the layout. Hugs, Lainy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card!!! I can imagine it got a bit tiring cutting out all those circles on the cuttlebug! Worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sem!
    I've been on hols for the past fortnight so I'm just catching up with blogland!I love this card -it's so different and all those circles were well worth the trouble!If I had time I'd leave a comment for all the amazing cards you've made over the past few weeks-I especially love your Father's Day project-you've got some talent girl!!
    p.s Thanks for joining in with paperplay!!
    Hugs!
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. love the layout and all your flowers.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lili is as beautiful as always. I love the flowers and the beautiful vibrany colours that you have used

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sem - that is some card - I can see the amount of work it took, and I love the flowers and the colours and all those circles (your poor hands must be aching!!!).

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sem your creation is wonderful. Lovely colors and Details....

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sem
    Lovely card, I love the way you have done the flowers, they are fantastic. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So elegant, Sem! I love your choice of colors and the handmade flowers look great!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Semsee, this is so adorable. Love how you tied the circles back to the DP you used which is beautiful. I think cutting out and embossing all the circles was well worth the effort as it turned out just gorgeous! Love how you clored Lili. Very pretty card! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work as always Sem!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your card is gorgeous Simonne! Love the colors, the papers, and especially, your beautiful coloring!! Your card is a beauty!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sem, I love the great layout. The papers and flower details are yummy. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x