Sunday, 21 June 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 5: PollyCraft Sharing Sherbet

Click to enlargeINGREDIENTS
K & Co Amy Butler 12x12 'Sola' double-sided paper : Core'dinations cardstock 'Fuchsia Fizz' : Pollycraft stamps 'Sharing Sherbet - Seeds of Love' and 'Sharing Sherbet - Xtra Set 2' : Whisper Dual Tip Marker Pens : Sakura 'Clear' Gelly Roll Stardust Pen : Martha Stewart border punch Arch Lattice : Pink organza ribbon, pink gems, 3D foam pads from stash


Morning peeps!

Today I'd like to share with you my DT card for the Sunday Sketch & Stamp challenge blog. We're already up to challenge 5, and this fortnight we have Arianne's fab sketch to follow (I've rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the right, and then used it in its mirror-image minus the sentiment):


For this card I decided to dig out my neglected PollyCraft stamps - haven't used these in months! I used the co-ordinating corner stamp from the 'Xtra Set 2' to stamp in the corners of the image plate and then I hand-drew a line to join them up to make a (rather busy!) border! I used the glitter pen on her wings, swirly detail on her clothes and the dot of light reflection on her eyes (you'll have to click to enlarge the pic to see that, LOL!). Then I stuck tiny pink gems in the centres of all the swirls.

Click to enlarge image
I'm not really sure about this one....I think the border is too close to the image, as it just looks too busy, or maybe I should have stamped and cut out the girl image and popped it up for dimension...but tough, as it's done now and it ain't a-changing!! LOL!

I'm going to enter this card into the following 2 challenges:

1. PollyCraft Monday Challenge : Challenge 17 is a recipe challenge, 3 embellishments (flowers, ribbon, gems), 2 papers (yep!) and 1 image (yep!).
2. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge : Challenge 37 is a colour challenge, pink & green.

Thanks, as always, for popping by folks! Why don't you hop along to Sunday Sketch & Stamp and play along with us this fortnight? We'd love to see you!

Have a great Sunday! TTFN!

Hugs, Sem x

16 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I think the border looks great. Love the little gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love your doodeling. That´s more than perfect!

    Greetings from Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab card Sem. She is coloured beautifully with your usual brilliant combo, The border is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Sem, I love your image and colouring, I too have this stamp and have hardly used her (shame on me) love the tiny gems, thanks for joining us at scsc hugS Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sem, great to see you again, love this card, the colours are great, the papers go so well with the image, and i love the layout especially the punched border bit....

    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Sem,

    this is gorgeous, love your gorgeous colourwork

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow what a fabulous card,gorgeous papers and fabby colouring...i love it:)
    Thanks for joining us at pollycraft and good luck:)


    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sem, and Il ove the image.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sem, your card sure is gorgeous. Just love the image and coloured to perfection. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sem
    WOW gorgeous card, love the colours and how you have stamped the border...fantastic!!
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a fabulous card,gorgeous papers and great colours Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous card, fantastic colouring and I love the swirly border.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my this is such a cute card SemSee! I love the DPs and your coloring is excellent! What a fun sketch. Maybe I'll use this for a card later. Cami

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how the border is so close to the image, and I love your little gems.

    Just swinging by to say thank you for being such an indespensible part of the DT.

    Hope you are well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this card! she is just so gorgeous,love the Amy butler papers with it. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x