Friday, 12 June 2009

Sketch Saturday #54: Inky Impressions Lili

Click to enlarge image
'ello 'ello again!

I have another card to share with you today, my entry in this week's Sketch Saturday (sketch #54). I've wanted to use this sketch all week, but life and health has got in the way so much over the past 5 days that I didn't have time to sit and play until this morning! Just got it in by the skin of my teeth!! I've used a brand new stamp from Inky Impressions. This one is called Lili's prayer, but I also think the sentiment I have used fits her perfectly!

I'm also entering this card in 2 Split Coast Stampers challenges: LSC224 and WT222. I've never participated in the SCS challenges before!!

LSC is "Limited Supplies Challenge" and this week's challenge (LSC224) is to use the colours of water (any shades of blues, greys and greens) and sand (any neutrals). The other requirement for this challenge is to use ribbon/hemp/twine/fibres, brads and piercing. You can add any other embellies you wish, just so long as you follow the colour theme and have the required elements.

WT is "Ways to Use It" challenge and for this week's challenge (WT222) you have to make and use one or more crinkled cardstock 'lollipop' flowers. This is the first time I've had a go at making them, and they are easy-peasy! I had, in fact, cut out enough circles to make two, but as they were a bit too big (whoops!) I could only fit one on this card.

Well, that's it from me for a few days. Hope you have a great weekend - we have lots of family stuff planned so no crafting from me until hubby and dd go back to school on Monday!

TTFN!

Hugs, Sem x


INGREDIENTS
Stamps: Inky Impressions 'Lili's Prayer'
Colouring medium:
Whispers Dual Tip Marker Pens, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Tea Leaves'
Cardstock: Core'dinations 12x12 in Tranquil Blue and Gibraltar
Embellishments: Ribbon,
Papermania Brad, Blue 4mm Pearls, Prima Flowers
Tools:
Tim Holtz tonic paper distresser, ProvoCraft Zision 12" Trimmer, Cuttlebug, Sizzlits Die 'Photo Corners #2', Scissors, Woodware Regular Corner Rounder, Needle, Glue, 3D foam pads

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet image. Love the paper and the homemade flower that you did. I think I need to try something like that. Enjoy your family time over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Sem! The colors are fabulous and the image is SO adorable!!! It is next on my list to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the image and the papers are fab. Lollipop flowers are my fav at the mooment! Love em! Yours is just great!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sem,
    Another stunner... the new Inky impressions stamps are gorgeous!
    Just a quickie to let you know your images are in the post and should arrive by Sunday.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. really sweet card, loving tilda on her books too she is so studious lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lili is a really sweetie. Another fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is another fantastic card Sem, Will have to save up for some of the Inky Impressions stamps as they are really nice but dearer than a lot of stamps obviously because of the lovely detail in them. I haven't got involved in the Splitcoast Stampers challenges before either. I hope you have a great weekend Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, Sem! I love the circle flower! Great job!

    Have a lovely weekend, big Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous. I love the flower you made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is absolutely beautiful Semssee! I love how you colored Lili and that DP is so pretty! Hope you're feeling better so I can see more of your gorgeous creations! I love this image of Lili. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Simonne! YOur Inky Impressions card is just so pretty!! You make such beautiful cards! I love the colors that you used and you colored Lili so beautifully!! The dps that you used are so pretty too! Keep up the beautiful job on your cards! I just love looking at them!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x