Sunday, 14 June 2009

Roses on Paper #13: Wild Sprout 'Dahlia' (...and Guest DT Call)

Click to enlarge image INGREDIENTS
Doodlebug 12x12 paper 'Cherry Cobbler' : K & Co Amy Butler Lotus Faded China 12x12 double-sided paper : Core'dinations cardstock 'Fushcia Fizz' : The Greeting Farm 'Wild Sprout Dahlia' stamp : Whispers Dual Tip Markers : Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder : Nestabilities (oval) : Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch : EK Success Medium Retro Floral punch : Woodware Daisy punch : Prima Flowers : CraftWorks Card Candy : Ribbon from Poppicrafts : Pearls, 3D foam and glue from stash

Good evening, everyone!

Hope you've all had a good weekend? ....shame that Monday is only a few hours away!! LOL!

I had a spare hour earlier this evening, and wanted to make a card for the Roses on Paper challenge which ends today. This week's challenge #13 is a colour challenge : Pink, Yellow & Green. My brand new The Greeting Farm Wild Sprouts stamps arrived on Thursday, but as I've been unwell I haven't had chance to play with them...until today!!

I used this week's sketch #56 over at Friday Sketchers for this card. And yes, I ran the white oval piece of card through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and then painstakingly coloured in the dots.!! The piece you see above was my 3rd attempt, as the pattern I tried on the 1st oval didn't work, and then I had a little colouring accident with the 2nd! I doodled on the punched flowers to make them match the flower in Dahlia's hair. I wanted to use Card Candy for the centre of the flowers, but despite owning 6 different packs of the stuff, I couldn't find any the exact colour match. So I used white ones and coloured them myself. I used my MS scallop dot border punch on the vertical strip of green pattern paper, but then stuck pearls in the larger holes - my 4mm ones dropped in perfectly!

Hope you likey?

Have a great evening, one and all!

Hugs, Sem x

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Hunny, love everything about this card! the colours are so bold and the layout is gorgeous with them. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sem
    This is just perfect-the colours are so sweet and your colouring is divine!I love the way the swiss dots turned out -well worth the effort and so original!
    By the way I e-mailed you(thanks for your lovely message!)
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card hun..so love this image and the colurs you've used..the papers are so yummy..and your colouring hun..is just fab.
    good luck with challenge xx
    hope your feeling better now...hugs clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on Docrafts site!It's gorgeous!I have those doodlebug paper's and she look's fab with them! :0)
    hugs amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sem, great job with the colors! AVery cute card!! Have a great week, janny

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh she is lovely and you have done a great job!

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Beautiful coloring and gorgeous papers! Thanks for playing with us at ROP!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, cheerful card Semsee! Great colors for the ROP challenge. I truly love how you color your images...always so beautiful! Have a wonderful week! Keep those projects coming! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  10. AAaack....Semsee, this is FAN-TABULOUS!!! Seriously, awesome awesome coloring on such a beautiful image, and your DP is just TOOO CUTE!!! :) Love it, and I'm gonna have to get me some now, heeheee---you li'l enabler you! ;P Love your gorgeous primas too. It totally matches your blog template!! Thank you so much for sharing---you're truly inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet! I adore these Greeting Farm stamps! Thanks for joining our challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Sem! Love the fab colours you've used and how you've added individual colour to the swiss dots. Dhalia looks so pretty!
    Hope you're feeling better now!
    Hugs, Vicky -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Yummy papers also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is fabulous, such a cute image and beautiful colours and papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have made Dahlia look devine. Lovely choice of colours. Perfect colouring as is the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow what a stunning card Sem I love it!!! Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a lovely card, i love this colours , so bright and yummy.
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty Sem. Love all the colours and you have coloured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow your card is fabulous, just adore the sweet image and the colours and papers are divine!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining in at Friday Sketchers this week. Hugs Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sem I absolutely LOVE this card! Dahlia is colored perfectly and the DP is fantastic (I think I'm going to have to get some of this). I also like the look of the colored embossed dots ~ never thought to do that.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x