Friday, 12 June 2009

Just Magnolia #9: Tilda Reading a Book...

Click to enlarge image
INGREDIENTS
K & Co 6x6 Paper Pad 'McKenna' : Core'dinations cardstock : Magnolia 'Tilda Reading a Book' and 'Pile of Covered Books' stamps : Whispers Pens : Versamagic Dew Drop 'Wheat' : Woodware Large Daisy Punch : Moss Green 1.5" bloom from Poppicrafts : Brads, spacers, pearls & 3D foam from stash

Bonjour, mes amis!

This morning I would like to share with you my second guest designer creation for the Just Magnolia challenge blog (I was lucky enough to be chosen to be their GD for June!). The challenge set for this week (#9) is 'paper piecing', a technique which I love, and I have paper pieced Tilda's books!

Click to enlarge
I've had these two Magnolia stamps for ages now, but hadn't yet inked them up!! *blush* When I was told this week's challenge was paper piecing, I immediately reached for these little beauties. Both stamps are quite large, and originally I was going to have Tilda sat right at the top of the pile of books, but this would have made the image plate too big, so I sat her on the 3rd book from the top. Think of the books as being different sizes and piled quite hickledy-pickledy and that she is sat atop one that is poking out....otherwise it looks like she's levitating!! LOL! And that's not what I was trying to achieve! *grin*

I am going to enter this card in this fortnight's challenge #12 over at Sketch and Stash, as I followed their fabulous sketch! My 'never used stash' is my Magnolia stamps!

Make sure you hop on over the to the Just Magnolia blog to check out my temporary DT sistahs' creations - they are gorgeous!!

Thanks for visiting my little lovelies!

Hugs, Sem x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sem-I love the stamps you've used and the soft colours are beautiful-well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colouring on this is gorgeous. You have used this image perfectly with the way she is sitting on the books. Stunning as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a lovely card, i love your colouring of the hair... it's amazing, so realistic
    Hugs Finja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sem, and shame on you for not inking these gorgeous stamps up lol...I love the papers you used and the books look great paper pieced xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sensational card! That paper piecing on the books is so perfect. I really love this card a lot!!!!! Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is great! I love the colours, the paper and the image is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card sweetie, I love the stamps you used, the paper piecing looks gorgeous! Love the papers you used, beautiful colour combo and all the details is gorgeous!

    Have a fabulous weekend sweetie,

    Hugs, Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sem, This is just the cutest, love everything about this card, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh she is fantastic and beautiful colours, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely beautiful card Sem, I love the paper piecing it looks wonderful, thanks for joining in the fun at Sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just about the cutest card i have seen. I love the colors. Great job.

    smallcity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning card Semsee, I love this Tilda image and the books and your colouring on the image looks so amazing!!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous hun, love how you have paper pieced the books - stunning!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x