Friday, 26 June 2009

Just Magnolia #11: Dragonfly Tilda

Click to enlarge imageINGREDIENTS
Basic Grey Wisteria 6x6 Paper Pad ('Tea Lights') : Bazzill cardstock : Core'dinations cardstock 'Izmir Purple' (L020) : Nestabilities : Copic Ciaos - E00 E21 R20 B00 BG01 YG11 G00 BV00 BV02 : Purple gems, Green satin ribbon, Prima flowers, Roses, and 3D foam pads all from stash

Hey everyone! How are we all this fine Friday morning?

Today I'd like to share with you my last *sniff sniff* Just Magnolia Guest Designer card. I was lucky enough to be the Guest Designer for June, and I'd like to say a huge thanks to all the girls at JM, especially Bev, for giving me this opportunity! I've had so much fun! :o)

So, onto the card. This week we have a fab sketch by Bev to follow:


Well, I'm pretty pleased with my effort, as I've finally managed to make an okay purple card!!!! Woo-hoo!! As I'm sure you'll all know by now, I can't craft with purple or yellow to save my life!! (My most successful cards seem to be pink/green or blue/green combos!). And also, I've very proud to report that this is my very first attempt at colouring with my brand new Copic Ciaos (I have set 36A). I am very wary of them, and I know it'll take a while to get it right, but I really love the colours in my set and they compliment, but not duplicate, my Whisper Pen colours.

So I started colouring this Dragonfly Tilda image as a 'test', as I'd heard so much about using the correct paper/card and ink for Copics. So I was prepared for bleeding colours and all sorts of problems....well thankfully it didn't happen!! So my 'test' colouring ended up being the final image I used for this card!! (BTW, I used my bog-standard cheapo The Range own-brand white card, and the image had already been stamped a while ago using Versafine Onyx Black ink).

I used my Sakura Clear Glitter Gelly Pen to highlight the antennae and those teensy tiny dots on Tilda's dragonfly wings:

Click to enlarge image
I only have a handful of purple flowers, and they just weren't the right colour. I remembered that Bev uses white roses and colours them to match her card, so I thought I'd do the same with some white Primas! So the 2 purples Prima flowers you see on the card are in fact white ones coloured with Copics!!! So thanks Bev for the inspiration!!

Well that's it from me today guys! I hope to make a card over the weekend, but I'm not going to make any promises as the tablets my GP has put me on to control the pain I've been experiencing are making me so incredibly drowsy that I feel like I don't have any energy whatsoever at the moment!

Have a great weekend, whatever you're up to!

Hugs and smiles, Sem xx

17 comments:

  1. Waw so gorgeous card, love the colour combo, and Bev sketch is awesome. She i full of ideas! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job! Very pretty purple card! You should be proud. have a great weekend, janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Semsee

    This is just stunning, adore your colourwork and the touches of sparkle on the image, great colour choice.

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sem,
    Super stunning card... i love you purple combo, and the way you've added a touch of glitter to make it sparkle.
    The flowers look fab too... i agree, Bevs always got ideas to share :O)
    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful, I love your colouring, and the sparkle, must get one of those pens!! lol!! Thank you for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card babes and I love the purple! The sparkle is fab - clever lady!

    Hope you feel less drowsy soon and back to the full swing!

    Big Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is lovely Sem, its turned out really well and purple is my favourite colour.Good tip on the roses, will have to see if they work just as well being coloured with Promarkers. Sorry to hear you have been in pain, I wasn't aware, hope you are feeling brighter soon. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Sem! Congrats on doing s fab job as guest DT!
    Hugs, Vicky -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, this card is gorgeous and just the colours I love. Fab colouring with your new copics. I really am gonna invest in a set. I know how you feel with these pain killers
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! The flowers came out fabulous! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Great job with the Copics. :)

    Hope you're feeling better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhhh gorgeous card Sem. Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring also. I just love those flowers. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card. The colouring is perfect as usual, would never know you were using something different. Those flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh your card is just adorable!
    Love your sweet image and your colouring is wonderful!
    Love your pretty paper and such fabulous detail!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  16. another fantastic GDT card Sem, so gorgeous and love the coloured roses...but so sad its the last...you will have to join in again to see if you can win again lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sem this is so gorgeous! Love the colors and the softness of the card. This image is just too adorable!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x