Friday, 5 June 2009

Just Magnolia #8: My first Guest Designer card!

INGREDIENTS
Making Memories - Funky Vintage "Lizzie" 6x6 pad : Core'dinations cardstock 'French Roast' : Tilda with Cherry Dress : Flowers, brads, spacers, ribbon, 3D foam from stash


Morning everyone!

First, I want to say a big sorry for not being 'present' in blogland over this past week. I have been so incredibly busy with it that I haven't had time to breathe, let alone post!!

I was so incredibly lucky to win week 4's challenge over at Just Magnolia, which was not only a fabulous prize donated by The Glitter Garden, but also the position of Guest Designer for June! This means that I get to participate in and create 4 cards for the wonderful team at Just Magnolia (thanks girls!), and this is my first!

So Week #8's challenge is this fabulous sketch by the super talented Rach:


If you participate this week, you could win 6 Copic Sketch Markers, donated by Simon Says Stamp! WOW!

Part of my prize as week 4's challenge winner was a 6x6 Making Memories pad of paper, so I really wanted to use it on my first Just Magnolia creation. The paper is so beautiful that when I tried to add extra embellies, they just didn't look right and clashed with the design of the paper, so I have left it very plain. Hope you likey?

Well, that's it from me for now folks!

Enjoy your Friday....weekend's almost here! Yippee!

Hugs, Sem x

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card. Love the papers and Tilda is so beautifully coloured!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, your card is beautiful! Love your colouring and papers are beautiful as well, me likey ;o)

    Hope you'll have a fabulous weekend,

    Hugs, Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful! Great take on the sketch!

    Have a lovely weekend, big Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another excellent card. Those backing papers are lovely. Colouring is beautiful as normal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Sem, beautiful card, love the bold papers. Have a lovely weekend. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sem,
    Strunning card, i am totally amazed with your colouring.
    Tilda looks beautiful and i love the way she's siting on the edge of the circle.
    Lovely colours and the flowers look fab.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, your card is adorable! I love the layout and the pretty dps that you used!! The flowers match so nicely and wow, you colored Tilda so beautifully!!! Congratulations on your guest DT position and winning the challenge! Whoohoo!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card ~so very pretty and a charming image and fabby papers
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sem, What a stunning card,enjoy your DT time lucky you.
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Simonne, I love those stunning papers you used and such a gorgeous image too...welcome to the team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sem, What a beautiful card!!! I see that you have a new topper for your blog also.. I like it!! have a nice weekend.. janny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card! A great sketch this week.
    Love your papers
    fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Sem. Love your take on Rach's sketch for this challenge. Found your blog from the Just Magnolia site and i just wanted to say I love your designs! Can't wait to come back and see your future creations. Congrats on being picked as a guest DT for JM!
    Hugs, Vicky -x-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow this is stunning!
    Such a sweet image and your paper and detail is beautiful!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x