Friday, 19 June 2009

Just Magnolia #10: Summery Picnic Tilda

Click to enlarge image INGREDIENTS
Basic Grey 12x12 Two Scoops Paper (Waffle Cone, Mint Chocolate Chip, Strawberry Smoothie) : Magnolia stamps 'Picnic Tilda' and 'Butterfly Background : Whispers Dual Tip Brush Markers : Ranger Inkessentials White Opaque Pen : Sakura 'Clear' Gelly Roll Stardust Pen : X-Cut 2in1 'Diamond' Corner Punch : Ribbon, gems & 3D foam from stash


Morning peeps! The weekend is almost upon us so......have you got that Friday feeling yet? (....mmmmm....love Cadbury's Crunchie!!!)

Today I'd like to show you my guest DT card for the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog - this week's theme is "Summer Holidays". One of my fondest childhood 'summer' memories is picnics! I remember we took picnics everywhere with us, whether we were on holiday or just out and about on a day trip. You can't beat a good picnic....and yes, we did have a large checked blanket to sit on, LOL! So I chose to use 'Picnic Tilda' (she is one of my very first Magnolias) sat in front of the gorgeous 'Butterfly Background' from this year's Chasing Butterflies collection.

Click to enlarge image
I won some Basic Grey Two Scoops 12x12 paper a while back, and I thought that the 'Waffle Cone' paper was perfect for this card - it looks just like a checked picnic blanket...well to me, anyway, LOL! I paper-pieced Tilda's dungarees to match the DP (my fave technique!), and used my Sakura glitter pen on the butterflies, the sun and Tilda's wings for some sparkly accents. A little 'faux stitching' in the corners to tie-in with the ribbon, and voila!

Happily, this card fits a whopping FIVE challenges this week, so here goes:

1. Sketch Saturday - I followed this week's sketch #55 for my card.
2. ABC Challenge - This week's theme is 'S is for Summer'
3. Creative Inspirations - This week's challenge #13 is 'paper piecing' and I've paper-pieced Tilda's dungarees.
4. Scrappy Frogs - This fortnight's challenge #6 is 'Fun in the Sun', to make something summery, so I hope my 'summer picnic' theme fits okay?
5. Roses on Paper - This fortnight's challenge #14 is to combine challenges (yep, certainly done that, LOL!) and to incorporate flowers (the flowers on this card are part of the 'Butterfly Background' stamp).

Phew, I've never entered so many challenges with just one card - I think that's definitely a record for me!!

Hope you have a fab weekend, peeps! I'll see you bright and early Sunday morning with my Sunday Sketch & Stamp DT card.

TTFN! Hugs, Sem xx

24 comments:

  1. This is just so cute! Love the soft colours, and Tilda looks fab with her paper pieced dungarees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sem what a beautiful card. I adore Tilda and the summery magnolia background is just perfect! Love the BG checked paper as well, the paper piecing is fab! Congrats on combining 5 challenges!!
    Hugs, Vicky -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Sem, so summery and beautifully coloured.
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this one. Good luck with your 5 challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card sweetie, love the cute little scene you've created and the paper piecing looks fab! Beautiful colouring too!

    And wow that's a lot of challenges girl! Thanks for letting me know about them, lol, now I've entered some of them too ;o)

    Have a fabulous weekend sweetie,

    Hugs, Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Sem this is gorgeous! Love the scene and the beautiful lazing tilda just gorgeous. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS!!! I actually have both of these stamp you used and havent' even inked that background up yet. (shame on me!) LOL. LOVE your coloring and papers and glitter--it's all very very pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness! You're good with combining all those challenges!! You're definitely efficient. Love your Tilda card. . .awww, she's adorable and wow, I love what you did with her hair. Very pretty. Beautiful job on your coloring!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is such a pretty card - love all your details and techniques. Hope you have a great weekend hun
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing with us this marvellous card dear :) I love it!! Hope to see you on our ROP challenges more often.. we love the fun!! and good luck XX

    Yay for entering so many challenges with one card! I love to do that as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great card. I love that Tilda and how you paper pieced her overalls. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh she is soooo cute!!!!! I LOVE how you paper pieced her little overalls!! The scene you created is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the backgroud with your Tilda! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sem - so fits the challenge.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge,
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just adorable! Love the colours and papers. Fab scene and perfect colouring. Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sem gorgeous scene and papers are perfect, hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW this is beautiful,your scene is amazing and that DP looks fabulous as Tilda's overalls!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! I love that paper is one of my favorite packs and it looks adorable on her overalls. Thank you for playing along at Scrappy Frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful card. I love the paper piecing.
    Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is just so fabulous!
    Beautiful colouring and such a pretty scene! Loads of gorgeous detail and colour!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic card!!! I love the colors and your coloring is great! Thanks for joining us at ROP!

    Wow you really did combine a lot of challenges!!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x