Friday, 12 June 2009

Inky Impressions: Grand Opening & Blog Hop

Many of you know that I made it through to the final stage of the design team for a brand new rubber stamp company, Inky Impressions. Well, it has been a long time coming, but today I am excited to announce the 'Grand Opening' of the Inky Impressions Rubber Stamps webstore!

To celebrate the Grand Opening of the Inky Impressions Rubber Stamps webstore, together with the beginning of the Inky Impressions challenge blog, there is a blog hop happening today to showcase the new Inky Impressions rubber stamp line. So why don't you join in?

Before you 'hop off' to the next blog on the blog hop list, I'd like to share my Inky Impressions creations with you...

Click to enlarge image
The first of my two creations is a card using the Inky Impressions stamp "Angelica's Bunny Hugs". I have used some of my brand new MME 'Pretty Please' 12x12 double-sided paper entitled 'Brown Floral'. This paper is great, as it has different but co-ordinating patterns on both sides, which eliminates any time spent matching papers! I used my EK Success Retro Floral punch to punch out the blue flowers, ran them through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, sanded the dots and then coloured them in pink so they matched the strip of dotty paper at the bottom of the card but with the colours reversed. I'm going to enter this card into this week's Cute Card Thursday challenge #63 which is to use punches and die cuts (I have used nesties and flower/border punches), and this week's One Stop Craft Challenge #32 which is to use embossing.

Here's a close-up of Angelica. My daughter saw this card and instantly said "that's me mum, carrying my bunny!"...awwww!

Click to enlarge image
The second Inky Impressions creation I'd like to share with you today is a 'Diaper Fold Pouch', the tutorial for which can be found here at Split Coast Stampers. It's extremely easy to make. All you need is a square piece of cardstock or heavy-weight paper, and you're good to go! You can make it as big or as small as you like!

Click to enlarge image
I've used a piece of 12"x12" double-sided K&Co Amy Butler 'Sola' heavy-weight paper for my Diaper Fold Pouch. The paper has a pattern called Brown Gracious Lotus on one side and is Flat Brown on the other. My trusty Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch was used (yet again! ... love this punch!) to punch out some border strips from some Core'dinations 12"x12" cardstock, which I then added to the edges of the triangular parts of the pouch. Some Prima flowers, roses, punched leaves, pearls, gems and a little hand-made tag with ribbons completed my pouch! I'm going to enter this creation in this week's Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #35 which is 'bling'.

Click to enlarge image
I used the Inky Impressions stamp "Lili's Prayer", which you could win if you take part in this blog hop! Although it's not easy to see in this pic, her belt has been coloured using a sakura gel pen to make it glittery and sparkly!

Click to enlarge image
So....the blog hop! You should have started the blog hop at Nicole's blog, hopped around several blogs by now, and should have arrived at my blog from Shary's blog. If you didn't start the blog hop at the beginning, or think you may have missed a blog somewhere along the line, then hop back to the start. Be sure to follow the blog hop all the way to the end for a chance to win some great blog candy! You have until midnight (EST) on Friday 12th June to enter (which is 5.00am on Saturday 13th June for us Brits!), and a winner will be chosen at random on Saturday 13th June.

So now I would like to invite you to hop on over to Tanja's blog to see what fab creations she has made!

Thanks, as always, for reading peeps!

TTFN!

Hugs, Sem x

46 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous creations, Sem! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sem
    Tried Nicoles blog but nothing on there yet, these are beautiful projects, Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I love all this blog hop stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully coloured, both gorgeous Sem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous projects Sem. Love the beautiful colouring of the gorgeous images. Hugs
    Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya sweetie, these are gorgeous! Love the card you made and the diaper fold pouch is beautiful too, great job honey,

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Cute! I especially love the diaper fold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just the cutest cards ever! Love the colors and the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creations are adorable as usual :) I love the colours you have used! Great job, sweetie!

    Big Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are just gorgeous! Love the daiper fold pouch..such a lovely idea for giving a gift! Gorgeous images and beautifully coloured! Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, Sem! Your card is gorgeous and that goody bag is spectacular! I love the dps that you used and all those beautiful flowers!! You really did Inky Impressions proud with your awesome work!! Beautiful job on your coloring too!!! Can't wait to see more of you Inky Impressions cards and projects!


    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work, loving these stamps, so cute! Both creations are totally fab, diaper fold pouch is abolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Sem, I am stunned. Your creations are GORGEOUS!!! Every little details works and comes together to make it perfect. Your coloring is fantastic and I just love all the pearls, flowers and ribbon. Your pouch is sure to be a big hit. You did a great job with these stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow it's hard to breath on this blog hop. All the amazing and inspiring MOJO! Wow!! I just love your creative and inspiring projects you did with these cute stamps. I just have to remember breath in and out on this trail.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Sem, fabulous job on these!! LOVE your beautiful coloring :) These diaper fold pouches are easy and FUN to make, I really enjoy seeing your adorable Inky LiLi on the front of this, and your scallop edging is really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sem, This pouch is brilliant. As usual the colouring is spot on and what a cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sem, love the card and the wee pouch - absolutely adorabe
    have a great day
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sem your card is stunning.. so much gorgeous detail.
    I love the gift bag.. such a great idea. And i have those papers!!!!
    They're gorgeous and the flowers look fab too.
    Fern xx
    Ps. Sorry to be a pain, but are we still doing an image swap, as i sent you my email address:
    ( fernbeckyclark@yahoo.co.uk ) but you never replied.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Semsee these projects are absolutely beautiful! Your card is so pretty and gosh, that diaper fold treat bag is awesome!!! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Sem this is Stunning, wonderful creations. Love the Image with the bunny. Wonderful Details and colors....

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hiya Sem, WOW, two stunning creations, absolutely gorgeous colouring. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  23. those so just so cute great work

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects Sem!!! I love the little box full of embellies!!! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My granddaughter does that exact pose as Lili's Prayers. Now if she only had hair - LOL. these are absolutely gorgeous.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  26. your projects are gorgeous!!! lovely colors and great combinations...love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally sweet creations! Love your layout and congrats on being on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  28. HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!! THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL SEM!!! Both of them are truly amazing! The card is just spectacular and the little pouch is so creative! But then your coloring is just WONDERFUL TOO!!! Your work is just DIVINE! Thanks so much for your support & the fab projects! HUGS! Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. fantastic projekts sem!!! love your colouring and the sweet details !!
    big hugs
    tina46

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow semsee what a beautiful cards.
    I have seem them on you're photobucket.
    Dutch Greetings from Marja

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely creations Sem ! The images are gorgeous and you made 2 beautiful works of art with them !! Fabulous !! :-)

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous projects! I love the diaper fold pouch the best though!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These pouches are great, I mad my 1st one last week although on a smaller scale, love the image and great colouring. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMGoodness, your projects are wonderful and your coloring is fabulous. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  35. ohh Sem I love them both they are absolutely stunning and the images are soo cute I love them, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sem ~ Very cute projects! The diaper fold pouch is absolutely gorgeous and the addition of the border on it really makes it pop.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  37. Two gorgeous projects Sem! I love that diaper fold pouch and it's on my to do list. I can't wait to try make these. Beautiful DP and love that Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch need to get myself one.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your projects are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello Sem. Well, what can I say? Your cards are, as always, gorgeous. I can see you've been very busy.

    Thanks for entering in my challenge over at One Stop Card Crafts this week - good luck!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sem See,

    I am sorry I have been MIA all week. I have wanted to talk to you so bad and find out how you are doing, I am sorry to hear your family/you have been sick!!!

    Your creations for Inky Impressions are amazing and I really love your coloring and what you did with them!!!

    Did you ever hear back??

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x