Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Inky Impressions: Challenges Week 2

Click to enlarge
Morning everyone! Hope you're having a great day so far? Weather's dull and grey here ... completely different from the gorgeous sunshine and high temps of yesterday!

Today, I'd like to share with you my creation for this week's challenge over at the Inky Impressions Challenge Blog. The theme for Week 2 is 'Think outside the box', so I've done that....literally!! LOL

I decided to make a window box of sorts. I used the tutorial for an 'Ornament Box' over at Scor-Pals for the basis of my design, altering the sizes, the shape of the window ... and obviously not making the actual ornament to go in it!! I don't own a scor-pal, but I do have a ProvoCraft Zision Trimmer, which came with a scoring blade, so I used that to measure and score my own folds!

Click to enlarge
The basic box was made out of bog-standard white card. I then used a piece of 12x12 DP called 'Berry Blue' from the brand new Doodlebug Tutti Frutti Collection to cover it. I punched out flowers from white cardstock, drew on the green detail, and then stuck clear gems coloured with a red promarker in the centres to match the strawberry blossoms on the design paper.

Click to enlarge
I used the Inky Impressions stamp 'Angelica's Bunny Hugs' ...love how the flowers on her skirt tie in with the flowers on the DP. "Hang on a minute!" I hear you cry, "I can't see a bunny!". Well....that's because I cut her off and then handmade some strawberry blossoms to put in her place to match the DP! I wanted to show how versatile this stamp can be!

Click to enlarge
Finally, I used Anita's 3D gloss on Angelica's shoes and on the strawberries, which really added to the depth of that gorgeous strawberry-red colour.

Click to enlarge
When I made this box, I didn't own any acetate to put behind the oval hole. I tend to keep all my packaging (...never know when you might need it!) so I cut up the plastic packaging that a Cuttlebug embossing folder came in as acetate substitute!

Well, I hope you like my little box? (This is the first time I've ever made a box of any sort!!) I'm going to enter this into this week's ABC Challenge which is "S is for Summer", as nothing says summer more to me than Strawberries!!

Hope you all have a great day! I'll be back on Friday to show you my GD card for Just Magnolia, plus don't forget the next Sunday Sketch & Stamp challenge starts this coming Sunday.

TTFN, mes amis!

Hugs, Sem x

22 comments:

  1. So gorgeous box, lvoe the paper and the image and flowers are so beautiful! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hunny a truly gorgeous piece of work, that image is so cute and those strawberries are making my mouth water! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great. Love the box and all the details. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real work of art. I have that gorgeous backing paper. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, really beautifully done, everything goes together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sem and the photos look so professional.
    hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Gorgeous! Amazing! I just can't say enough about this wonderful box. The image is absolutely precious! Yet another little girl I just have to add to my stamp family. You are so talented, my friend! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly stunning Sem, must have taken you ages. I would love to have a go at this but don't own a scorpal or a ProvoCraft Zision Trimmer,will see if it can be done with a Coppernob scoring board as I have one of those. Thanks for the link to instructions and for the inspiration. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! Love the colours. That paper is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, your box is divine, I just adore the colours and the fruity theme, the image is so sweet.....don't they have such adorable faces!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sem, this is AMAZING!!!!! Such a great little box and sooooooooo cute!!!! I love all of the details you've added!! GREAT JOB GIRL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is another project from the lovely & talented Sem that makes me squeal with excitement! You are so gifted Sem! This is really gorgeous and I truly love how you have made her holding flowers instead of her bunny! Such talent you have. Love the papers, the strawberries look yum-dilly-icious! I am so honored to have you, Sem.

    And Thanks for following your heart with everything! LiLi is right by me dancing & jamming to your song... LOL I wish I could video tape her and send it to you!!! :) BIG HUGE INKY HUGS!!!! Nicole : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your project is just precious! And those strawberries just look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is just so gorgeous, lovely make and love the fresh summery-ness. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous Sem. Love the way you've coloured in Angelica and those papers are yummy (so are the strawberries, LOL). Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW what an amazing box, its fabulous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Semsee this box is the cutest eva! I love the papers you used and you have colored Lili so nicely and oh those flowers match so perfectly. This is a very pretty gift box, something I would love to receive myself. Great job as always, Semsee! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning Sem - I love all the details and the image. Such a pretty gift box.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your work is great, and i find it inspirational.
    Thanks Luv Paula

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous...totally yummy!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning creation...you have inspired me to go and play.Thankyou for sharing.
    P.S You needn't have worried about colouring with your copics as you are awesome girlfriend.
    Hugs SamXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x