Sunday, 21 June 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Click to enlarge image
Woo-hoo! It's Father's Day here in the UK, a day to honour all dads, and this is my little handmade pressie and card for my wonderful dad!

As Bev knows, I stalk her blog daily (LOL!), and a few weeks back she posted her Whiff of Joy 'Project of the Month' for June which was a Hanging Treat Box (tutorial at Split Coast Stampers here). Now, my dad is known for not wanting or needing anything when it comes to birthdays, Christmases, father's day, anniversaries...etc. His hobbies are making models, DIY and Archery (...some of you may know that my brother is in the Olympic squad for Archery and went to both Athens in 2004 and Beijing last year) but we usually wait until his birthday and Christmas to get him proper presents and so it's always a bottle of wine and choccies on Father's Day! So I thought this hanging treat box was perfect!


Click to enlarge image
I don't have any male stamps (apart from a couple of Magnolia Edwin stamps), and I needed a small stamp for this treat box. Thankfully I remembered a while back that I'd bought a couple of Imaginisce Snag 'Em acrylic stamps from the 'Fairest of them all' range, and one of them was this tree. So I dug out my embossing powder and my heat gun and voila!

I also made a card to match the treat box, but many apols for the strange angle of the piccie! I wanted to get the light to reflect off the silver embossed tree, so I angled it towards the light a bit and now it looks a bit strange! Never mind!

Click to enlarge image
As you can see, I didn't make a card for my hubby as our daughter wanted to do that herself. She spent ages drawing and colouring a gorgeous card for her dad early this morning. She then made a bookmark, took some money out of her money box, and wrapped it all up (including the money!) and gave it to her dad! Awwwwwww! I think it means so much more when your kids do something totally themselves like that! We took hubby/dad out for a meal last night at our favourite Indian Restaurant and had a fab time as usual! DD is only 7 years old, but has loved tasty and spicy food for almost 3 years now!! She will eat absolutely anything, and so we have taken her to restaurants with us since she was 5 years old. She is such a funny, happy little thing who is a joy to be around, so we always prefer to have her with us. And I know we are lucky that she is so adventurous with her food, as I know children who won't even eat cheese let alone curry!

Well, I hope all you father's out there have a wonderful day!

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs, Sem x



INGREDIENTS
Paper: K & Co Amy Butler Lotus 12x12 Faded China double-sided paper pad
Cardstock: Core'dinations 12x12 Core Essentials 'Gibraltar' and 'Tranquil Blue'
Stamp: Imaginisce Snag 'Em 'Fairest of the all' Tree acrylic stamp
Embellishments: Blue ribbon, Silver & blue pearls, Prima grey flowers, 3D foam pads
Tools: Provocraft Zision Trimmer, Heat Gun, Silver Embossing Powder, Versamark, Martha Stewart Lattice Border Punch, Flower punches, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sem,
    i really love the way you've heat embossed the tree... it looks stunning!
    I've never tried this tecnique.
    Beautiful papers and a great gift idea too!

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card and treat holder. I hope your dad and hubby enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous set! That paper is just perfect for that and love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gift idea and beautiful cards, Sem! I love the colors and the embossing on the stamp. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card and gift. Glad that you had a great Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Semsee,oh wow i loe your gorgeous creations you made they really are oustanding.Love your blog and i will be popping back:)
    thanks for your lovely l comment on my blog earlier:)


    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Simonne. What a lovely gift to give to your dad. . I love the pretty dp that you used and your lovely embossing. The image is perfect. ..it's a gender neutral image. I love the embossing. . so pretty.

    I brought my daughter to restaurants since she was little. . .unfortunately, she will not eat anything but chicken tenders. She is 18 now and she still eats only the chicken. She's explored a little bit since she was a kid but if there's chicken tenders. . .she'll still choose that first even at age 18. Uggh! It's nice that your daughter isn't a finicky eater.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Semsee, your treat holder and card for your father is stunning and the colors are so appropriate for the male gender! I love the DPs you used, and your card is just wonderful. Wow! I didn't know your brother was in the Olympics for archery. That's such an achievement and I'm sure the family is very proud. Lucky your daughter enjoys all kinds of food...gourmet this little one. Thanks for sharing your FD projects. It's very hard to make something for the guys. Cami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congrats ! You have just won my blog candy ! Please see my blog for details !

    Gorgeous blog. I will be back later for a good look around !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! Wish I saw this before we gave my FIL a bottle of wine in a brown bag...LOL....no thanks to my hubby giving me such long notice for a gift idea!!! LOL I love the embossed tree!!! VERY nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sem
    Great idea, Congratulations on winning a prize on the simon says stamp blog Dt blog, I also won a prize on one of the DT blogs. Hope you are well Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x