Sunday, 10 May 2009

Sunday Sketch & Stamp 2: Enchanted Lily

Click to enlarge image INGREDIENTS
K & Co Sparkly Sweet 6x6 pad : Core'dinations cardstock (Tranquil Blue SB010) : Pink Cat Studio Enchanted Lily stamp : Whisper Pens : Versamagic Dew Drop (Sea Breeze) : Nestabilities Labels 4 and Ribbon Tags Trio : EK Success Retro Flower Punch : X-Cut Small Flower punch (xcu953) : Yellow Satin Ribbon from stash

Good morning, my lovelies! How are we all on this wonderful Sunday morn?

Today marks the start of challenge #2 over at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! Huge THANKS to all you lovely people who took the time to join us in our first challenge - we are so grateful for all your support and hope that you'll play along again this fortnight! We have another of Maggie's fabulous sketches to follow, and our prize for challenge #2 is a £10 gift voucher from The Craft Barn - huge thanks to Sandy & Isabelle (they know who they are!!).

This card kinda made itself! I only own one set of Nestabilities labels, and this Enchanted Lily stamp was the ONLY image that fitted the die and the layout of the card!! I sanded the Core'dinations cardstock (although I'm not sure you can really see this in the pic!) and distressed and inked up the edges of the patterned papers. I'm really pleased that I finally got to play with my brand new Nestie ribbon tags too! This card will go into my box of children's cards, ready for one of my daughter's friend's upcoming birthdays!

Well, that's it from me folks! (...for this morning at least! I'm STILL trying to finish my card for The Sugar Bowl...grrrr!) Why don't you hop on over to Sunday Sketch & Stamp and join in with this fortnight's challenge - we'd love to see you there!

Hugs, Sem x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sem :-) I hadn't heard of this challenge, probably cos I was away on holiday ! Will pop over and take a look :-)
    Love your image, she's soo pretty and the papers are just perfect !!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suchn a gorgeous card Sem.
    Love the colours and image- coloured beautifully.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeeeeautiful card Sem-worth waiting for!
    Love the colours and I REALLY want that nesties ribbon label-it looks just fab!
    Your colouring is great -I use whispers mostly too and when I see how well you work them it reminds me that you don't have to use expensive markers- its the talent that counts (I'd still love copics though-sigh!)
    Must try out the challenge this week- will be v busy for the next two weeks at school though :-O
    Keep those yummy cards coming!
    Dei xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty sweetie! Love your choice of papers and colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SemSee,

    I am finally making it around to meeting all my new team mates for Inky Impressions!!!!

    Congrats on the Inky Team and I really look forward to getting to know you better as we work together on the team!!!

    I have spent some time going through your blog and you have some amazing wonderful projects on here!!!

    I just love this Lily card!!! The Papers you choose are gorgeous and I love the coloring!!!

    I get to be a Guest Desinger for Pink Cat Studio later this year and I am really looking forward to that I love Pink Cat Studio and Melissa!!!

    You have some amazing talent girl!!! I added your blog to my follow list so I can keep up on your creations even easier!!!

    Heather Schlatter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I was looking at your list of Locations on your side bar of the team mates how cool to do that I really liked looking at where everyone is.

    I personally know Cassie and Maria, Maria is from California US, and Cassie is from Texas US.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. the detail is key no wonder your on TWO DT now you lucky thing (you so deserve it)

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just a perfect card for a little girl Sem. I like it when a card just falls in to place.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x